Lack of interest One click Watch function.

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Alpha1

Every time you watch content you need to set whether or not you want email about it. However, if you reply to content then you do not need to set anything, because your preferences already have setting for this. We can always go to our watched content and change this.

So it would make sense to remove this superfluous interface and just deal with it by preferences and watched content list. This would follow the K.I.S.S. principle.

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Nice idea! Though I would personally prefer it if the ability to choose whether to receive emails was retained, but in simpler way. Here on XenForo I have email notifications enabled only for some of the threads in my watched list.

How about an XF2.1 bookmarks type of tooltip that would still permit users to turn on/off email notifications? The initial checked state could depend whether "and receive email notifications" is checked in Account > Preferences > Content options. For the people who are happy with their default email preference, they've added that thread to their watched list in one click. And for those who wish to change their email preference for that one thread only, then it is only one extra click.

I even put together a quick (if a little rough) photoshop mock:
xenforo-2-1-watch-tooltip-receive-email-notifications.gif

This kind of approach could also remove the awkward procedure of having to unwatch and then rewatch a particular thread in order to enable or disable email notifications from thread view. I am aware that notifications can already be changed from within the "Watched" menu, but there may be times where enabling/disabling emails while reading a thread is desired :).

Top Bottom