1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Once I've switched to XenForo, is there no going back?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by beansbaxter, Dec 1, 2010.

1. beansbaxter

beansbaxter Member

I love vBulletin 3.x and have refrained from upgrading to version 4. I am genuinely interested in purchasing a XenForo license to give it a try with one of my forums. Keeping that in mind, once I have started to use XenForo, if for any reason I want to switch back to vBulletin 3.x, is there an importer or easy method to do so?

Or once I'm XenForo, there is no going back?

Thanks in advance.

Shelley likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Currently I don't believe there are importers from XenForo to other forum software.
    I have no doubt that they will be coded at some point though.

You would though, be better off asking this question on the other forums as ultimately it will be they who provide any such importers.

3. beansbaxter

beansbaxter Member

Thank you.

4. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

haha yep once you go xenforo ... :D

but seriously vB 3 is a 5 year old script .. you are going to upgrade soooner or later

5. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

I think if you're on the fence, you should do like I did.. Buy xenforo and run it under a test site first.. Make a backup of your live site and then import it into your xenforo test site.

This will give you a place to find out if you really want to switch..

Jamie

Blandt likes this.
  6. beansbaxter

beansbaxter Member

Good idea. Thanks!

7. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Trust me, you won't want to go back. [​IMG]

8. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

You're welcome! but remember... it's as addictive as cocaine and as fun as a roller coaster! :)

Be sure to ask questions in these forums.. there are a lot of helpful people here!

Jamie

Peggy and Anthony Parsons like this.
  9. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the product you know as vB3 is dead.
    The future of vB3 is vB4.
    The company that made vB4 will make vB5 (unless they go bankrupt).
    Why would you keep with vB3 ? Are you hopeful about vB5 ? Really ?

maytag.repair.main.busier.than.xenforo.to.vbulletin.conversion.impex.team.jpg

10. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I made the mistake of showing xf.com to one of my members. Now I cannot convert fast enough for that person...

No, for me, there will be no return path. But we are still on vb3.8 at this time.

Why don't you show xf.com to some of your members and ask their opinions?

Nix likes this.