1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Officially Switched to XENFORO!

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by STORMS, Jan 13, 2012.

1. STORMS

STORMS Active Member

Just wanted to say that I am in love with XF from vB... yesterday was D-Day and although I was very worried about how it was going to turn out "Jaxel" was a HUGE help and I must say... if it wasn't for his phenomenal modifications... we would not have switched.

HUGE thanks to Jaxel and the Xenforo team... :)

Check it out! www.testyourmight.com (yes, we look like Jaxel's 8WayRun.com atm... lol)

2. Stevebullman

Stevebullman Active Member

STORMS likes this.
  3. STORMS

STORMS Active Member

From learning from Jaxel the Portal is derived from whatever forum you choose to use as your "front page news". I don't know if that helps you at all..

I did learn a few things from him so I'll be happy to "try" to help out. Although I am probably the n00best one here, lol

4. Stevebullman

I've worked out how to specify which forum sends the news items to the portal. I just want them to display like yours do with the comments beneath. Mine are just regular forum posts showing, whereas yours look more like blog posts

5. STORMS

STORMS Active Member

These are my XenPorta options, hope it helps? http://i41.tinypic.com/4rx1uc.jpg

6. Stevebullman

Thanks Storm,

Spotted those options, its where to put the settings it mentions below those check boxes(articles, portal) im stuck with! least im heading in the right direction :)

STORMS likes this.
  7. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

It sounds like you need help with Layouts. Check out the xenporta guide Saeed and myself wrote :)

8. Stevebullman

link please?

9. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

10. Stevebullman

Thank you

11. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

Looks really good. It never ceases to amaze me how many random subjects there are for forums... competitive Mortal Kombat. :)

Like are there really Mortal Kombat competitions?

STORMS and kyrgyz like this.
  12. STORMS

STORMS Active Member

the fighting game community as a whole... including Jaxel's www.8wayrun.com and www.shoryuken.com are prime example of the answer, Yes. ;)

13. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Looks great.
    I like the cool forum list :)
    xenforo.forum.list.tweak.jpg

STORMS likes this.
  14. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

The character forums block is a XenPorta module I wrote for STORMS.

STORMS and Digital Doctor like this.
  15. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

It looks great. Is this something we might see released to the general public at some point?

16. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Get Jaxel to make you a MK Character wiki.

STORMS likes this.
  17. STORMS

STORMS Active Member

Gotta save up for that. ;) lol

18. Hyperion

Hyperion Active Member

Congrats.

May you tell me more about this "mention" feature you said you had on vBulletin, but do not have on xenForo? With more detail maybe someone here may be able to pinpoint an add-on with a similar function.

STORMS likes this.
  19. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Looking very good Storms. I really like the top header zone with its graphics
    and the translucent tabs are just AWESOME!

STORMS likes this.
  20. STORMS

STORMS Active Member

The mention system from vBulletin was made by DragonByteTech: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=242733

It was the best thing that we do NOT have anymore. The beauty of it is it works EXACTLY like twitter. For example if I mentioned you i.e. "@Hyperion" you would get an Alert that you were mentioned in a thread and when clicked it would take you to that post. VERY useful and basically the entire board of testyourmight.com misses it.