XF 2.0 On a new post, the post number increases by 2

Nicky Vermeersch

I've been informed by one of my members that our forum has a 'bugs' that are probably caused by the forum giving posts even numbers. Whenever someone posts in a thread, the first post will be #1, the second #2, the third #4, forth #6 etc. It is especially hard to determine what may cause this as:

- Using the "Rebuild Threads - with position and counters" option under Rebuild Caches, does fix the order and count, but when I make a new thread the problem continues.
- As this messes up the preset values for 20 posts per page, this eventually leads to paging problems in the forum where the forum claims a thread consists of multiple pages while it is not.
- It only happens to threads in a specific category, threads in another category are not affected. In the screenshot below you see the post count jump:

1540619011452.webp

Right after I move it to another category, it does jump by 2 again for the first new post. Any other post then increments with 1.

When moving this thread back to the category where the problem happens and I post, it increases by one. Starting from the second reply in there it increments back in 2s.

Top Bottom