1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As Designed I did not receive an Alert on a new post in one of my threads

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by erich37, Feb 19, 2011.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

in this thread (which I created by myself), I did not receive an "Alert" that user "TNCclubman" made a post into this thread.

Please check whether this is a bug.
  2. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

I also did not receive an alert when someone quoted me. It happens here and on my forum.
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You only receive one alert until you read it. Did you get an alert for Walter's post and see TNC's then? If so, that's as expected.

Regardless, this is pretty much impossible to troubleshoot unless other people report similar behavior (as there are a lot of factors, including human ones).
  4. erich37

yes I did receive an Alert on Walters post and have read the post from TNCclubman.

Mike, it seems XF-software can read my mind? How did you code this? [​IMG]
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I can't remember the specific wording, but it mentions that you won't get another alert until you read the thread. (Before we did this, I had hundreds of alerts when I came back in the morning :))

Andy, if you can reproduce the quote thing (and you have selected to get quote alerts :)), please open a new bug for that.
    Andy.N and erich37 like this.
  6. erich37

Artificial Intelligence ;)

you are genious, Mike!
  7. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Can you quote me in this thread?
    I think I can document the bug now. Will make a bug report right away. It happens today when I read a thread where i made a post and found someone quote me yet i don't see that alert. I received alert for other people who quoted me in other threads.
  8. erich37

9. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

10. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Any way you can post how to re-enable that functionality again? Just would be something which would be interesting to know.