OMG... Long lost Legos from my childhood... Found!

BirdOPrey5

My cousin suspected they were in this garbage pail at my Aunt's house.. if you zoom in you can see some pieces near the top... a contrux piece and some Lego...

219IMG_0125.jpg

811IMG_4800.jpg

560IMG_2712.jpg

The tree had to die...

462IMG_4260.jpg

818IMG_4677.jpg

724IMG_2094.jpg

My cousin put some into a bin... well get them back next week hopefully.

870IMG_2143.jpg

581IMG_2144.jpg

How this happened- I am at a loss.

For those of you who don't know, back in 2009 I got very sick and was in the hospital for a year. When I was finally released I could no longer walk, had a lot of wounds still healing, and basically just lived out of a hospital bed for another year and half- then another surgery, more wounds, anyway... you get the point. My "life" as a normal person ended in May 2009.

But prior to that I was by my Aunt's house (also my Grandmother's house) fairly often- we're a close family. Would show up just to show up some days.

So from say 2000 to 2009 I had absolutely no idea my Legos still existed. I could have sworn I was told they were thrown out back when I was in college- and truth be told, I didn't care at that point it my life, so I just filed it away and never concerned myself about it again.

Why my aunt and cousin would let them sit there for so long without ever asking me if I wanted them back I have no real idea- I am just so glad they actually kept them.

Debatable. However if you love trees so much by all means plant as many as you wish.
In addition to a large yard, I bought some land behind and to the corner of the property. I've got about 40 trees growing, mostly fruits. I just hate killing a tree. It's always sentimental for me. :p I've got a few elaborate and cheap methods to keep wild life away. Most of which the city wouldn't like, but they don't need to know.

Or that the legos didn't lose any color or start to deteriorate at all...
Only from UV.

Actually, anytime I need something from my folk's garage I come across stuff I haven't seen in years. The last time I dug through boxes I found stuff I made in school, you know, art projects. I was probably 12 or 13 at the time. That was nearly 30 years ago. Jesus.

Actually, anytime I need something from my folk's garage I come across stuff I haven't seen in years. The last time I dug through boxes I found stuff I made in school, you know, art projects. I was probably 12 or 13 at the time. That was nearly 30 years ago. Jesus.

You're talking about things being kept in a safe place; I'm talking about pieces of plastic being kept in a trash can full of dirt, outside, for years. Maybe the dirt would have kept it away from UV rays like you pointed out, but the pieces of plastic still would have broken down at least a little.

By what? Soil? Water? If that were the case, we wouldn't see decades old plastic washing up on the shores intact. Salt water is highly corrosive. Wouldn't that have done something to the plastic? If not, what makes you think regular old tap/reclaimed water will?

Top Bottom