Ok so whats so great about...

LOL I was wondering the same thing. Although, if two of my sisters are to be believed Ugg boots are the best thing since bacon..... I'm not convinced!

The hidden message was there all along....

uggy1.webp

uggy2.webp

Their plan worked.

;)

Ugg, Snugg etc boots are FANTASTIC!

I'm taking this as a question on why Ugg type footwear is popular so here's my personal take.

Especially in the UK we live in a very strange feet hating culture. Almost all shoes are too rigid, too tight, and the soles especially are so rigid that the foot cannot flex and use its muscles.
The result is all kinds of foot complaints - callouses, corns, ingrown toenails.
It also affects posture and balance so that we have a high rate of spinal/ back and pelvic problems. People living barefoot do not have any of these problems and many back pain sufferers have gained big improvements by going barefoot as much as possible or wearing soft slippers when they cannot go barefoot. Children especially benefit from going barefoot in the home always as their feet are so soft and vulnerable; also their bodies' lifelong balance and gait is being established.

American footwear can be better than UK. My husband cannot go barefoot but he orders soft cowboy boots on Ebay! the soles are flexible and the uppers too.
Myself I wear Ugg boots or Moroccan slippers or I am barefoot. Ugg boots or the cheaper Snuggs let my foot spread out and grip as I walk, as they don't crush my toes. The soles of the ones I choose are flexible so my foot has to work as I walk, sending a muscle ripple up to my spine instead of a shock from a hoof-like thud.

Long live Ugg/ Snugg!

(The slipper shoes I wear are called Babouche / Barboosh)

Christ, Morgain, do you have to turn every thread into a lecture?

I guess so. I AM a priestess after all. ;)

lmao... Save the sermons for Sunday, today's Saturday yet.. lol. :ROFLMAO:

Sunday is not a sacred day for me. ;)

Seriously though I don't think that being thoughtful and looking at a topic in a more thorough way, is the same thing as a sermon. I guess being intelligent and thorough intellectually does mean a "lecture." So I agree I do that.

Personally I find members who write longer, more thoughtful posts much more interesting. I find most of the short snippy posts a boring waste of time. Far too often I follow up an Alert and find it's not worth it just a few words that don't say much really.
I wouldnt normally complain about it as I see it as two different kinds of writer. I think each finds the other a bore so we just have to accept each other. As I said, generally I do, but if you're going to say you don't like my style then I will mention I don't like the other style.

I'm sure you can put me on an ignore list, or just skip the post wherever my name and avatar comes up. That's cool with me. You're in charge of your reading - FREEDOM!

I thought it was really funny that Azhria and vVv were both teasing me about being a priest - and I have actually been a hardworking community priestess for over 30 years!
Which I don't mind being teased about at all.

The rest of what I wrote was general about types of posts which I think is genuinely an interesting issue. Some find long thoughtful posts boring, some find short snip posts irritating. This was a GENERAL issue.

vVv and I have agreed to delete most of our squabble posts.

I thought it was really funny that Azhria and vVv were both teasing me about being a priest - and I have actually been a hardworking community priestess for over 30 years!
Which I don't mind being teased about at all.

The rest of what I wrote was general about types of posts which I think is genuinely an interesting issue. Some find long thoughtful posts boring, some find short snip posts irritating. This was a GENERAL issue.

vVv and I have agreed to delete most of our squabble posts.
I don't recall teasing you about being a priest. I'm fully aware that you're pagan that you follow a pagan path though, since I do so myself.

Just to clarify what I was saying, however, since it was getting late when I wrote it and I was tired, my point was that while some of what you say is interesting (and what on earth makes you think I want to block you?) and I actually thoroughly enjoy long well-written posts, in your particular case you don't come over with a friendly tone but more a "this is the way it is, I'm right and let's hear no more about it" tone so the usefulness and interesting parts of your post are lost in the "lecturing" tone. I also hate it when you attempt to say the entire country has the same viewpoint as yourself.... I'm English and I absolutely detest Ugg boots, I don't have any foot problems and I don't know of any feet-hating culture going on either. ;)

Ahhh so that's who the people are on Morgain's site? Ahahaha I'm so clueless. I probably would've dropped by more often out of curiosity if I knew.

Really sad cause I posted several times and viewed a couple threads. Still didn't get a clue. Us nerds can be pretty absent-minded.

Top Bottom