XF 1.3 og:image thumbnail & Full-image in resource manager

Morbloger

Hello guys,

I have a problem with Facebook. Every time I try to load a link from resource manager on Facebook, it shows the default Xenforo og:image.

Is there possible to load the image actually used on the resource (full-image or thumbnail)?

Thanks

If you wish to choose an image from the page at the time of sharing the link then you need to remove the og:images from this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> open_graph_meta

Rich (BB code):
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId} OR {$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}">
	<meta property="og:site_name" content="{$xenOptions.boardTitle}" />
	<xen:if is="{$avatar}"><meta property="og:image" content="{$avatar}" /></xen:if>
	<meta property="og:image" content="{xen:helper fullurl, @ogLogoPath, 1}" />
	<meta property="og:type" content="article" />
	<meta property="og:url" content="{xen:raw $url}" />
	<meta property="og:title" content="{xen:raw $title}" />
	<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}"><meta property="fb:app_id" content="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}" /></xen:if>
	<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}"><meta property="fb:admins" content="{xen:helper implode, {$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}, ','}" /></xen:if>
</xen:if>

It should allow you to choose an image when no og:image is defined.

Or if you wish to define a specific og:image on a specific page then you need to get into the templates. Here is an example:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...he-post-as-thumbnail-for-facebook-feed.18284/

wow, thanks, it really works!! I have tried so many ways, even bought few themes because I once thought it's the style's problem!
It actually just needs to remove two lines of codes!!

It seems Facebook needs time to re-cache the meta data:)

Top Bottom