1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 og:image thumbnail & Full-image in resource manager

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Morbloger, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Morbloger

Morbloger Member

Hello guys,

I have a problem with Facebook. Every time I try to load a link from resource manager on Facebook, it shows the default Xenforo og:image.

Is there possible to load the image actually used on the resource (full-image or thumbnail)?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you wish to choose an image from the page at the time of sharing the link then you need to remove the og:images from this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> open_graph_meta

<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId} OR {$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}">
    	<meta property="og:site_name" content="{$xenOptions.boardTitle}" />
    	<xen:if is="{$avatar}"><meta property="og:image" content="{$avatar}" /></xen:if>
    	<meta property="og:image" content="{xen:helper fullurl, @ogLogoPath, 1}" />
    	<meta property="og:type" content="article" />
    	<meta property="og:url" content="{xen:raw $url}" />
    	<meta property="og:title" content="{xen:raw $title}" />
    	<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}"><meta property="fb:app_id" content="{$xenOptions.facebookAppId}" /></xen:if>
    	<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}"><meta property="fb:admins" content="{xen:helper implode, {$xenOptions.facebookAdmins}, ','}" /></xen:if>
    It should allow you to choose an image when no og:image is defined.

Or if you wish to define a specific og:image on a specific page then you need to get into the templates. Here is an example:

3. Morbloger

Morbloger Member

wow, thanks, it really works!! I have tried so many ways, even bought few themes because I once thought it's the style's problem!
    It actually just needs to remove two lines of codes!!

It seems Facebook needs time to re-cache the meta data:)
    Bram likes this.