Often pains me to see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
English is universal. Even if you are from the UK. I’m from australia but i’m not fussed at this.
Maybe @trapped_soul you just need to get over things a bit quicker and cease and desist from arguing about languages. You don’t want to be known as racist all because of you degrading all the languages because you are missing the uk english one.

He has a good point; why 'American' for the variant, why not 'Australian', or 'Canadian', or 'Irish', or a dozen others, each of which have as much importance as nations and as the major representative of the language as poor old America --- which, after all is likely to end up speaking Spanish in a century.

When one speaks of Latin back when it was lingua franca one speaks of the Latin of Rome, the Great Mother source, not of the many Latin speeches for other places, such as Gallo-Latin, or Egyptian Latin, or North African Latin. They all had the right and duty to develop their language as it evolved, but only one was the true Latin.

My draft has disappeared.. sadly. Perhaps I cleared the caches et al.
But to those opposed; are you not proud of the country from where you come from?
Are you not proud to say you have Ayers Rock, Australian Rugby and so forth..

People, are you proud of the country you come from?
Are you proud of where you are from?
Your answer is a simple yes or no.
I am proud of being British, yet seem to be faced with a challenge where American people think it's their "right" and how can it be so that another country claim "English" to be their language, well it is and you need to accept that this is where it comes from. How else would you communicate.
Oh of course; native American... :)
Appreciate where your language comes from.
I find it hugely disrespectful to ignore it.

My point is trying to figure out what you are getting at, you seem to be rambling on about some pre conceived motion about Americans and rights.

Things like this;

View attachment 190776

You don't even pack a file such as 'UK English'. That really, really annoys me. I edit the pack, rename it and change it to UK English.
Why is it so difficult to call an English language pack, UK English and with the correct spellings and pronunciation etc. Allow non-UK English native speakers to edit the language files to what they need!?
Such as, American.
So many software vendors fall to the trap of the same, but reassuringly, some do not.
Mine ^^
Yours is where?

You don't even pack a file such as 'UK English'. That really, really annoys me. I edit the pack, rename it and change it to UK English.
Why is it so difficult to call an English language pack, UK English and with the correct spellings and pronunciation etc. Allow non-UK English native speakers to edit the language files to what they need!?
Such as, American.
So many software vendors fall to the trap of the same, but reassuringly, some do not.
I'm not so presumptuous to assume but.... You DO know xenForo is a British product, with British developers. Right? NOT an American product.

So you go and quote some old post, side stepping the questions once again. Go have fun with yourself and spend your time translating the phrases to suit your needs.

So you go and quote some old post, side stepping the questions once again. Go have fun with yourself and spend your time translating the phrases to suit your needs.
Fook me you need to grow up.. :rolleyes:
Argument over your head, as usual, so cry in your corner... yawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom