Often pains me to see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

trapped_soul

Things like this;

You don't even pack a file such as 'UK English'. That really, really annoys me. I edit the pack, rename it and change it to UK English.
Why is it so difficult to call an English language pack, UK English and with the correct spellings and pronunciation etc. Allow non-UK English native speakers to edit the language files to what they need!?
Such as, American.
So many software vendors fall to the trap of the same, but reassuringly, some do not.

But then you would have to do dialects within a language. Example Southern English, Boston English, California English, Spanish, Spanglish, Creole....see the problem
No, no need to. English is English. Would you go to Spain and tell them Spanish is not Spanish but another language? Would you expect them to change it to Spenglish? (Spanish English?) and expect them to discuss the same?
I think not...
Accents and regional variations perhaps, dialects within a language - no. As that is merely telling someone how you believe they should speak.

Should be English (commonwealth) if anything since you just want UK.
Sounds good. Why not! 2/3 rds of the world is an achievement. Commonwealth Language is a great suggestion. 👍
But realistically, not really doable.
Mother tongue should suffice.
Language; UK English. Job done. 👍

What utter balderdash.

@trapped_soul if this is the biggest thing you have to complain about, I envy you.
Why is it “baldersdash”? (Whatever the hell that is, no offence....)
And what makes you think this is the biggest thing I have to complain about?
I have a lot, much much more, more than most: but this is not a complaint - more of an observation.
Problem with that?

bal·der·dash
/ˈbôldərˌdaSH/
noun

1. senseless talk or writing; nonsense.
    "she dismissed talk of plots as “bunkum and balderdash.”"
Yes, thank you..
American. Not really a good way to express one's self in such a manner.
I.E; 'pants'.
To us, it means it is under garments as in boxers or it is sh1te. Rubbish... Useless.

1te. Rubbish... Useless.
To you, it's trousers.
Funny people, aye. ;)

I think software vendors and developers should drop the U.S 'English' and support English full stop or neither inbetween as there is no such thing.
Cease to pretend that across the pond is the only way. Be proud of achievements. Simples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom