XF 2.2 Offloading Bounce Mails to Amazon SES

Recep Baltaş

Hi,

We send mails via Google but they have a limit which we sometimes hit. Can we use Amazon SES for the unsent ones?

Regards

Use Amazon SES for all your sending on a subdomain of your main domain (like smtp.whateverdomain.com) and then set the Google (I assume you refer to Google Workspace now) accounts up strictly for bounced/unsubscribe and then tell XF to use those email addresses (and log in credentials) in your XF ACP.
Works fine over on my site currently doing this, but using ZoHo for the bounced/unsubscribe email receipts instead of Gmail.

Use Amazon SES for all your sending on a subdomain of your main domain (like smtp.whateverdomain.com) and then set the Google (I assume you refer to Google Workspace now) accounts up strictly for bounced/unsubscribe and then tell XF to use those email addresses (and log in credentials) in your XF ACP.
Works fine over on my site currently doing this, but using ZoHo for the bounced/unsubscribe email receipts instead of Gmail.
Sending way too many mails. A lil bit expensive for us. Can I do it vice versa?

Sending way too many mails. A lil bit expensive for us. Can I do it vice versa?
Sure... but you will find that those companies like Zoho and Google Workspace tend to cap your daily sends.
I mean, doing a quote up for 500,000 emails a month (at an average size of 75kb a message) is only around $55 per month.
If you are sending that many emails a month, either you have a REALLY busy site and should have no problems with monetizing it, are you are sending way too many "news bulletin" style messages. That's over 16,000 emails a day.

Heck, on the free tier, you get 50K a month email sends.

Top Bottom