Official Notice of ******* about the relationship with Vxf .vn and Copyright issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol

That "buying pirate site in Vietnamese to infiltrate my local market" sound a lie.

Cmon. I'm the only one who doesn't believe that?

Seems he started as warez, started selling stuff and stealing code and designs from other devs/designers, and now that they got him he wants to get rid of his past. Sadly for him, archive.org stores everything.

Buying shares for a company that owns a domain for a warez forum? Yeah sure... Is cheaper to get a new domain than "buy shares" of pirates...

Anyway is interesting how some people here defend him even with all the stuff displayed here and on TAZ.

@Omar Bazavilvazo Nobody is defending him. Everyone is worried about the add-ons they have purchased from him.

Anyone who think's he is as bad as he is has nothing to worry about. If he gets banned from xenforo.com and his addon's delisted that only affects the free advertising and the availability of support from this website. If he is "so horrible" and has this terrible plan then I don't think he is going to quit. The only thing you have to worry about is if nothing wrong is going on at all and he decides to give up on the business.

This seems like a controversial topic. I hope we can find a great solution for triple (*******, *******'s customers, and the XF community) :):sneaky:

The whole forum he speaks of is closed now so I take it an important shareholder meeting is taking place in a country that from a legal sense doesn't give a **** about your intellectual property rights. That's a sad fact, try contacting the host of any warez in in these types of places.

Hopefully this issues can be resolved with *******. I'm probably too new to Xenforo to understand everything that's going on. ******* has made excellent add-on's for Xenforo.

I'm confident Xenforo will make the decsion they feel is best for the community. I'll admit that I won't consider buying any add-on from ******* unless they can resolve their issues with Xenforo.

From forum owner's perspective:

If your website is using a plug-in designed by a developer that violated intellectual property law, there's a good chance you'll be forced to remove the plug-in from your website.

That could be a costly prospect for many forum owners. Hopefully ******* realizes this fact. Both the Xenforo developer community and Xenfroro forum owners are being harmed when some steals or copies someone else's work.

If your website is using a plug-in designed by a developer that violated intellectual property law, there's a good chance you'll be forced to remove the plug-in from your website.
That is true but only on one condition and that is if the add-on you've installed contains the code which is directly taken from the paid resource developer without their permission.

such as the hijack of waindigo install function code in almost every add on (for which ******* apologised)?
I dare say this will be re-factored and updates released.

such as the hijack of waindigo install function code in almost every add on (for which ******* apologised)?
I dare say this will be re-factored and updates released.

I wonder if he copied this code after the remote un-installation drama from last time? Stealing wandingo's code would be a more simple and faster option to him (*******) but harms Waindigo more in the long run as it's his code.

If it's proven he has copied Waindigo's code which from looking myself as a none coder I believe it's a straight up rip then he should compensate @Jon W for every product sold till now with that code in.

Okay, addressing the whole "shares" thing. First of all, if he only owned partial shares of a website, he wouldn't have the power to unilaterally shut the website down. The majority of the shares holders would have to agree to shut it down.

Secondly, there is NO WAY share holders of anything would agree to shut a money making business down. If he owned a majority stake in the website, then he would still have a fiduciary responsibility to keep the website running and profitable. Shutting the website down would in no way help any of the other owners of the website.

Therefore, I can argue that the idea of him owning a small part of the website is BS. He owns the entire website and he has shut it down because it does help his public image problem.

If it's proven he has copied Waindigo's code which from looking myself as a none coder I believe it's a straight up rip then he should compensate @Jon W for every product sold till now with that code in.

It was just code listing dependencies of other addons during installation. It would not have been used on all of his addons and it isn't a large or complicated piece of code. It was just the fact that it had been directly ripped. Even re written there are only so many ways to do it and it wont be that disimilar in the future.

Even re written there are only so many ways to do it and it wont be that disimilar in the future.

It is blatantly obvious that it is a (nearly) exact copy from Jon's add-ons. It has the exact same phrasing in the error messages, if ******* would have rewritten it they would have been in broken english, guaranteed. The point is that he used Jon's code without his permission.

It is blatantly obvious that it is a (nearly) exact copy from Jon's add-ons. It has the exact same phrasing in the error messages, if ******* would have rewritten it they would have been in broken english, guaranteed. The point is that he used Jon's code without his permission.

The actual point is Jon already accepted the apology and the previous poster was taking it to things it didn't have anything to do with such as uninstallation tracking code. I was setting the record straight and the quoted portion takes it back out of context.

The actual point is Jon already accepted the apology and the previous poster was taking it to things it didn't have anything to do with such as uninstallation tracking code. I was setting the record straight and the quoted portion takes it back out of context.

Not sure if Jon did or not but if it was me in *******'s shoes I would at least offer Jon some form of compensation, he's made thousands from Jon's work, is it really fair ******* gets to keep that money?

If you rob a bank and get caught you don't get to keep what you stole, same as if you stole a DVD or a TV or even a phone, you won't get to keep it you have to return it or pay compensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom