1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Amaury, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

It's October 1, which means that Halloween is right around the corner!

What are you guys doing this year!?
    Adam Howard likes this.
  2. tajhay

tajhay Well-Known Member

Its actually October 2 today. USA is just behind the times ;)
  3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I'm a Pacific timer. It's 8:47 PM here. :)
  4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Means when the end of the world occurs ya'll just get an extra day! :p
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
    Adam Howard and tajhay like this.
  5. DBA

DBA Well-Known Member

What about when the world was created, do we get that extra day?
    Adam Howard likes this.
  6. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Nothing unusual, halloween doesn't change anything for me ;)
  7. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

For most people I know, their holiday season begins with Thanksgiving and ends with New Years. For me on the other hand, my holiday season starts with Halloween in October and ends in March.

This is usually a busy time for me and I actually have to "work" at not gaining weight.... For example, last year I was invited to 6 Christmas parties. I end up celebrating New Years for almost 3 days. And this is after telling people I care about, no, sorry, have other plans.

For Halloween I actually do get dressed up and pass out candy to all the local kids. Before his though, I usually also help setup some of the "Stay Safe" programs for those people who don't want to have their kids going door to door, but still don't want them missing out. I have a few friends who also celebrate it as a religious event (they call it The Day of The Dead) and I usually am invited to their social events as well.
  8. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

For me in the UK, it will mean not answering the door, and hoping the little scrotes don't egg the house.
    Shelley, euantor and Liam W like this.
  9. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Spoilsport. They're less likely to egg your house if you answer the door in the first place :p
    Adam Howard likes this.
  10. RickM

RickM Well-Known Member

Better get the Raspberry Pi nightvision camera conversion done. You can catch the little gits on camera egging your house then. Sadly ours has been a victim of it many times, despite always answering the door. It's not as if we live in a 'rough' area or town either.
  11. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Hell... Heaven will be full...
    US citizens have to queue to enter Hell...