1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OAuth2 Consumer

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by wedtm1, Mar 19, 2014.

1. wedtm1

wedtm1 New Member

I would like to have XenForo use my custom built website's authentication system. My website is a OAuth2 Provider, so I feel like this should be fairly simple since Twitter/G+/Facebook are already there.

What am I missing?
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Out of the box, XenForo cannot accomplish logging in via an arbitrary 3rd party system. It would require custom code.
  3. wedtm1

wedtm1 New Member

Ah, okay. Is there a plugin/module that you know of that does this already, or would I have to commission someone to do that for me?
  4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

5. wedtm1

wedtm1 New Member

6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If it is custom, you will most likely have to code one your self. You may be able to use the API, I've never used it.
  7. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Good idea to solicit in the Request forum ... but people don't check it that often ....

I know Joomla has OAuth2 authentication. Joomla has Jfusion plugin that can integrate Xenforo with Joomla. I'm not sure the Xenforo Jfusion plugin works with the latest version of Jfusion. Jfusion + Joomla + RoR + Xenforo sounds like a slow setup anyway.

@xfrocks would probably be the ideal person for an addon like this. But he's probably busy. Try xfrocks.com. He is the author of [bd]API.

@Waindigo has done this type of work before.

The search I linked to ... could give you a list of people with similar interests that could help you fund your OAuth2 addon. You could always collect their names and tag them to gauge their interest.

Good luck.
  8. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member

9. xfrocks

xfrocks Well-Known Member

If you want to do it youself, [bd] API Consumer should be a good starting point.