Number of post to start thread

AndreaMarucci

Does anyone know if there's an addon here to avoid users to post in certain forums if they don't have a fixed number of post or better?

It's not what I need. All the users I'm talking about are in a special UG but I would like that if they want to post in a specific forum they've to post at least x messages before they're allowed to...

It's not what I need. All the users I'm talking about are in a special UG but I would like that if they want to post in a specific forum they've to post at least x messages before they're allowed to...

As Brogan suggested you can use the Usergroup Promotions for this.

Let's say you want to limit posting in the Example forum until someone has made 20 posts:
  • Setup a new usergroup called - let's say - "CAN post in Example" (leave all permissions as 'Inhert' for now).
  • Setup a new promotion so that anyone who has 20 posts or more is automatically promoted to this new usergroup "CAN post in Example"
  • Now edit all of the other usergroup permissions for the forum Example to remove posting permission
  • Now edit usergroup "CAN post in Example" permissions for the forum Example to add posting permission
This will now ensure that no one can post in forum Example until they've automatically been promoted to the usergroup "CAN post in Example" (which will happen when they have 20 posts or more).

Obviously make any adjustments for admin/mods or other special groups you might have that access that forum, but you get the idea. (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Top Bottom