Number of forum.

rajraj

Can I make 30 categories(sections) and can add 30 forums in each category?. That means total 900 forums.
Can I get smooth operation with this?
Please guide me.

Last edited:
Can I make 30 categories and can add 30 forums in each category?. That means total 900 forums.

Yes you can create as many categories as you want and as many sub forums as you like within each category. 900 or 9000, xenforo does not have a max limit to that as far as I understand.

Can I get smooth operation with this?

Forum would work fine if that is what you mean by smooth operation.

While there's no hard limit, there are performance considerations with a large number of forums. Perhaps more significant are the general usability limits. 900 forums will likely be a pain for users to navigate and potentially for moderators to use (such as when moving threads).

I don't know what you have in mind, but I'd recommend a different approach.

While there's no hard limit, there are performance considerations with a large number of forums. Perhaps more significant are the general usability limits. 900 forums will likely be a pain for users to navigate and potentially for moderators to use (such as when moving threads).

I don't know what you have in mind, but I'd recommend a different approach.
Will it affect performance if I make 30 main forum and 30 subforum in each main forum?

What is the best number of forum and sub forum to achieve highest performance?
The highest performance is always going to be the least amount of work. A forum with 1 thread will be faster than one with a million, but that's not necessarily useful.

It's difficult to say specifics as there will be massive variations by server. I don't really think a list of 900 forums is necessarily useful. The page will generate, but it's still going to require significantly more work than 100 forums (which is still a pretty extensive amount).

It's difficult to say specifics as there will be massive variations by server. I don't really think a list of 900 forums is necessarily useful. The page will generate, but it's still going to require significantly more work than 100 forums (which is still a pretty extensive amount).

I'd have to agree, especially after getting performance complaints with one of our add-ons on a clients board that has 1200 nodes o_O

Top Bottom