Now I dont know what to do.

jonsidneyb

Omg..I saw a weird title thing.:) That was cool.

Ok... Now I don't know what to do. I was going to pull to the trigger on IPB with nexus and content the second nexus become available.

Now I have to hold off and see what is going on over here.

I strongly recommend to stick around and see how this "first build of xenforo alpha" is going to be in beta and stable. No license details are available at the moment, but I am sure they will become available within reasonable time.

Tell me he is going to have a nexus like thing and be able to have icons for secondary user groups be able to show up below the avatar and then I am very very very interested.

I am already assuming it will have something like the CMS

Tell me he is going to have a nexus like thing and be able to have icons for secondary user groups be able to show up below the avatar and then I am very very very interested.

I am already assuming it will have something like the CMS

You have to keep in mind that this is a version 1 product, and very, very new. It may have those items in the future, but I'd be a little cautious in thinking it'll be the near future.

Certainly something to keep in mind for the future, though right now, it doesn't have the third party add-ons for me to warrant further consideration at this time.

I would like to know how this goes on a big board though when put under some serious strain. Has it been tested under such an environment as yet?

Certainly something to keep in mind for the future, though right now, it doesn't have the third party add-ons for me to warrant further consideration at this time.

I would like to know how this goes on a big board though when put under some serious strain. Has it been tested under such an environment as yet?

I'm sure Kier has taken high load into consideration. He was the lead developer of vBulletin!

Surely it would have less than 50 queries per page. ;)

I approached a second hand license on vbfans.com last week , gladly the owner didn't respond until tonight. Unfortunately he will have to chase another buyer as i already made my decision and move my forums to XenForo

I approached a second hand license on vbfans.com last week , gladly the owner didn't respond until tonight. Unfortunately he will have to chase another buyer as i already made my decision and move my forums to XenForo

I have a project I've been sitting on for a while waiting for a decent forum application to come along (I even started considering IPB). I think I know what I will be using for it now.

Yer, I don't doubt Kier's abilities... more curious as to whether it has been tested under a sufficient load size.

I will certainly re-review this one if it establishes a decent third party interest with an add-on repository. Looks positive so far as a possible up and comer. Was just reviewing other forum software @ http://www.forum-software.org and there are some good varieties coming to light nowadays with plenty of innovation. Good to see for the forum market.

This one may be a possible for a new project I am sponsoring in the coming months... could be interesting. Kier is certainly an industry expert. Will be good to see once released with the ACP and styling abilities.

Seeing how "young" it is and no code has been shared (yet), no addons are made. Seeing a bit of the inside earlier though, I suspect addons are easy to make.

Surely it would have less than 50 queries per page. ;)

I think we know Kier/Mike long enough to know they take all their customers serious, hobby users as well as small business to corporate.

Seeing how "young" it is and no code has been shared (yet), no addons are made. Seeing a bit of the inside earlier though, I suspect addons are easy to make.

With all the excitement , i bet there will be tons of mods. I am already thinking about couple different ideas. Just waiting to put my hands on the code so i can start coding for XenForo

Thanks Floris... much appreciated mate for the info. I like easy, and so far, this forum I picked up within a minute of using... which is very unusual for forum software. Many of my audience are not computer literate, and I must pay appreciation to how simplistic, yet powerful, this interface is. I wouldn't mind running this past one project just to gauge non-web savvy reactions to it.

Thank you for using our marketplace! And I am suspect with the news about xenforo getting to the public that it will become a busier marketplace soon. It's exciting to hear you've also made the decision to convert. xenfans.com is working hard to offer xenPort to achieve vb4/vb3 database convert option(s), but I am sure that mike/kier might have something in the works too (assumption)

Thank you for using our marketplace! And I am suspect with the news about xenforo getting to the public that it will become a busier marketplace soon. It's exciting to hear you've also made the decision to convert. xenfans.com is working hard to offer xenPort to achieve vb4/vb3 database convert option(s), but I am sure that mike/kier might have something in the works too (assumption)

Floris how can't we made the decision , even with the initial alpha XenForo looks more stable then vB4

Top Bottom