XF 1.5 Notification of Last warning to ban

jellytoe

We use the warnings system including a conversation of the warning to a member. We have it setup where x amount of warnings = a ban. When a member gets banned for the warning threshold I am finding that they don't get that conversation notification, at least not via e-mail. This causes problems as members don't know what it was that caused them to be banned. Has anyone found a solution to this or is it in the way we have it setup?

We don't send an email to banned users, so unfortunately it's a known (though not totally ideal) catch 22 with moving to a ban from warnings.

Hmm. Has anyone figured a work around for this? This is a common occurrence that our users are banned for reaching the warning threshold and don't know what their last infraction was because they never get the final warning citation.

Also curious if it's possible to alter the banned message a member sees when trying to visit the site. We have a pretty regular problem with cell-phone IP crossover and users see they are suddenly banned. This could also solve my other issue somewhat where at least I can add "if you feel this is in error: contact us at this e-mail" to the message "your IP has been banned" or "your account has been banned"

@Mike Is this still working like this in xf2.
A user complained today that she didn't get a warning, but got banned, for a day.

I think it should send the warning or ban conversation first and then ban the user.

Top Bottom