XF 1.1 Notices

Welcome to a new series of Have You Seen videos, demonstrating some of the new features and improvements to come in XenForo 1.1.

First on the list: Notices.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
http://vimeo.com/27033663

Will we be able to add listeners for custom notice events?

Let's say that somebody is creating an add-on, oh, I don't know, like an arcade or something, and in a future version they think it'd be pretty cool to have notices like "Hey, your high score has been beaten, click here to get it back!" or "Hey, there is a new game added to the arcade, click here to check it out!" and that kind of stuff. Right now our hypothetical add-on, as it is on a different forum platform, uses private notices & emails for those type of notices but it'd be pretty cool to have it right there as a notice to the user so that when the user visits the site again it encourages them to stay on the site longer & go to different parts of it.

Essentially... a notice event listener per add-on so that add-ons could easily trip a notice condition to have it displayed.

(Since people were posting wish list stuff I figured I'd add one to pot. :p This type of functionality might already be there but best if I speak up now when I have the chance.)

Will we be able to add listeners for custom notice events?
Yes.

Screen shot 2011-08-21 at 17.43.16.webp

There's also a 'criteria_page' code event for non-user-related criteria.

Damn. I made my own notices system for myself. Now I'll replace it with this.

I know I can modify it to do this but thought I would ask if it is built in. Can I make it so certain (important) notifications show seperately? I will probably just do this with a template change.

Are they shown on all pages or just the index?

These questions are probably already answered but I'm lazy :)

Damn. I made my own notices system for myself. Now I'll replace it with this.

I know I can modify it to do this but thought I would ask if it is built in. Can I make it so certain (important) notifications show seperately? I will probably just do this with a template change.

Are they shown on all pages or just the index?

These questions are probably already answered but I'm lazy :)

Are you lazy enough to watch the short video in the first post? :)

Let's say that somebody is creating an add-on, oh, I don't know, like an arcade or something,
:)
and in a future version they think it'd be pretty cool to have notices like "Hey, your high score has been beaten, click here to get it back!" or "Hey, there is a new game added to the arcade, click here to check it out!"
Cool usage example :)

Kier,
Looking at the sliders demo you make, I'd to know if we can create a news article sliders using one of the newsfeed we have from XF ACP?

This would be a nice way to display new articles from the WP front end on the XF forum home.

Kier,
Looking at the sliders demo you make, I'd to know if we can create a news article sliders using one of the newsfeed we have from XF ACP?

This would be a nice way to display new articles from the WP front end on the XF forum home.
As with most things in XF, I bet the sliders are a case of "add a class of Slider to your container element and set the direction with data-direction and enjoy the lovely sliding motion that is JavaScript"

Do this Notices has the option for the special thread? For example, thread ID 1 has a notice, and thread ID 2 has another notice :)

Do this Notices has the option for the special thread? For example, thread ID 1 has a notice, and thread ID 2 has another notice :)
No, we don't offer that in the core package, but I'm sure an enterprising add-on developer would be able to put it together in a few minutes if there was a demand for it.

Top Bottom