XF 1.1 Notices not displaying...

Carlos

For some reason, when I created a Notice, it wouldn't display at all. So, I tried clicking some options such as who views it (Privileges and Status), and Page is Within Nodes option.

I tried logging in and out to see if the changes would work... Nothing.

What gives? Am I supposed to click an option before it's displayed? :confused:

I see "Notice is Active" checked, and I see "Enable Notice System" checked and has been since the upgrade.
Are you using a default or updated theme?

In 1.0.4 this was in PAGE_CONTAINER:
Code:
						<xen:include template="ad_below_top_breadcrumb" />

In 1.1.0 it's like this:
Code:
						<xen:include template="ad_below_top_breadcrumb" />

<xen:hook name="page_container_notices">
						<xen:include template="notices" />						
						</xen:hook>

Default, I just installed 1.0.4 just a week ago.
Did you check your template just to make sure it's there?

If not try, I would also double check the other 2 tabs on the notice and make sure none of the settings are set, that will make it show up always no matter what.

One thing I noticed about the Notices...they seem to be cookie driven, but not user specific. Let me explain. If I login as my "regular-member" ID and dismiss the notice, then login as another user (like administrator) from the same PC, I don't see the notice. I am wondering if this is expected behavior...

One thing I noticed about the Notices...they seem to be cookie driven, but not user specific. Let me explain. If I login as my "regular-member" ID and dismiss the notice, then login as another user (like administrator) from the same PC, I don't see the notice. I am wondering if this is expected behavior...
Hm. :cautious: Interesting. Thanks!

It would be helpful to know why that happened.
I am sure people will ask about this.

My notice shows if no criteria is set on the second tab thereby showing the guest notice to all members. If I select the notice to show if user is guest, the notice shows to nobody including guests. Am I misunderstanding something?

Edit: OK selected only usergroup settings and now it works. What are the Privileges and Status settings for then?

Top Bottom