1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Notices not displaying...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Carlos, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

For some reason, when I created a Notice, it wouldn't display at all. So, I tried clicking some options such as who views it (Privileges and Status), and Page is Within Nodes option.

I tried logging in and out to see if the changes would work... Nothing.

What gives? Am I supposed to click an option before it's displayed? :confused:

2. gldtn

gldtn Well-Known Member

It works for me if I either set criteria or not, is the Notice is active checked, both on the system and the notice itself?

3. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I see "Notice is Active" checked, and I see "Enable Notice System" checked and has been since the upgrade.

4. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

Are you using a default or updated theme?

In 1.0.4 this was in PAGE_CONTAINER:
    Code:
    						<xen:include template="ad_below_top_breadcrumb" />

In 1.1.0 it's like this:
    Code:
    						<xen:include template="ad_below_top_breadcrumb" />

<xen:hook name="page_container_notices">
    						<xen:include template="notices" />						
    						</xen:hook>

5. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Default, I just installed 1.0.4 on August 9th, and had made no edits to the software. o_O

6. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

Did you check your template just to make sure it's there?

If not try, I would also double check the other 2 tabs on the notice and make sure none of the settings are set, that will make it show up always no matter what.

7. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

It works! Thanks!

That should be a bug.

8. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

One thing I noticed about the Notices...they seem to be cookie driven, but not user specific. Let me explain. If I login as my "regular-member" ID and dismiss the notice, then login as another user (like administrator) from the same PC, I don't see the notice. I am wondering if this is expected behavior...

9. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Hm. :cautious: Interesting. Thanks!

10. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

It would be helpful to know why that happened.
    I am sure people will ask about this.

11. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Both of the issues posted in this thread have been confirmed not to be bugs.

12. Robert F Schmitz

Robert F Schmitz Well-Known Member

My notice shows if no criteria is set on the second tab thereby showing the guest notice to all members. If I select the notice to show if user is guest, the notice shows to nobody including guests. Am I misunderstanding something?

Edit: OK selected only usergroup settings and now it works. What are the Privileges and Status settings for then?