As designed Notices not appearing after changing Privileges and Status criteria

JVCode

Okay, is this just me losing my mind or when you edit the privileges and status criteria on a notice the whole system decides to stop showing notices altogether in any forum? (Yes I meet the privileges to see the notices)

This is being tested on UPGRADED forums.

Can you detail the steps you took and what you changed the criteria from and to?

I was able to successfully do this yesterday with no problems.

Can you detail the steps you took and what you changed the criteria from and to?

I was able to successfully do this yesterday with no problems.
At first I had the notice only showing to administrators, after changing the criteria of the notices to show to logged in users, registered, and administrators, it decided to not show the notice at all. Infact all notices were not showing.

I can't reproduce this either. I've just done what you described, and the system is working as expected.

This is really strange. :| I just removed all notices and then added a new notice with only admin rights, it worked fine. Going back in to the admin panel, I added permission for user is guest and user is logged in to view the notice and it has disappeared again.

I might try and install a fresh instance of xenforo and try this again.

Going back in to the admin panel, I added permission for user is guest and user is logged in to view the notice and it has disappeared again.
Wait, you're setting a notice that requires an admin, a guest, and logged-in? Obviously that can't happen - all criteria must be met.

This to me makes sense that you're wanting to show to guests, logged in users and admins, but not the other guys whose boxes are not ticked. Well, that's the logic I see.

Capture.webp

All criteria selected must be matched, so that combination is making something that can't happen as guest and logged in are mutually exclusive (and admin is a subset of logged in).

I just created a notice...

All I did was input some dummy text into the "message" area, hit save and that's it...

it is not displaying at all..

Top Bottom