Fixed notices / browser-window

erich37

"Notice" at the XF-Homepage:

when decreasing the browser-window, the text somehow shows strange.....
is this because of the fluid-width style?

this is regarding the Notice at the Homepage, which is not scrolling.

when_browser_window_smaller.gif

Like most things in your browser window though - you'd expect it to re-align when resizing the screen.

If it can be modified so that it doesn't do it - I would expect that would be a more desired behaviour.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Like most things in your browser window though - you'd expect it to re-align when resizing the screen.

If it can be modified so that it doesn't do it - I would expect that would be a more desired behaviour.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

wondering how this will work when using an image for the notice at the homepage ?

nope.
just resize your browser-window in different sizes and you will see that this is still strange.....

Thats why I was surprised, using <center> just doesn't seem to work when you resize :(
I dont know what is going on with the blue background color when browsing through a proxy :confused: (very strange)

Do you think adding min width or something to css for a temp fix would work ?

Confirmed!

Also trying to figure it out the markup of the notice system and why the need of repeating the <li> and content 3 times over.

Code:
<div data-interval="2500" data-speed="400" data-vertical="0" id="Notices" class="PanelScroller">
    <div class="scrollContainer">
        <div class="PanelContainer" style="overflow: hidden; height: 42px;">
            <ol class="Panels" style="width: 20000em; left: -881px;"><li class="panel Notice DismissParent cloned" style="float: left; width: 1160px; height: 42px;">
    <div class="baseHtml noticeContent">Test Notice!</div>

<a data-offsetx="-7" class="DismissCtrl Tooltip" href="index.php?account/dismiss-notice&amp;notice_id=1">Dismiss Notice</a>
</li>

<li class="panel Notice DismissParent" style="float: left; width: 1160px; height: 42px;">

<a data-offsetx="-7" class="DismissCtrl Tooltip" href="index.php?account/dismiss-notice&amp;notice_id=1">Dismiss Notice</a>
</li>

<li class="panel Notice DismissParent cloned" style="float: left; width: 1160px; height: 42px;">

</li></ol>
        </div>
    </div>

</div>

Video displaying the Bug

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fixed now.

(For devs who might be wanting to close the sidebar, you should trigger an event: $('.mainContent').triggerHandler('XenForoResize'); so that the notices will reflow.)

Mike, you are genius !

The notice looks fine now at the homepage.
Just wondering of the "hopping" of the notice is also fixed ?

Fixed now.

(For devs who might be wanting to close the sidebar, you should trigger an event: $('.mainContent').triggerHandler('XenForoResize'); so that the notices will reflow.)

Thank you Mike for the trigger suggestion :)

Fixed now.

hmmm triggering the XenForoResize is not reflowing the notices is i animate .mainContent.
Any suggestion?

Thank you :)

Top Bottom