XF 2.2 Notice when clicking link in widget?

MediaSVI

I have notices setup for Users that need to upgrade to use a forum. If they click on the forum Node they will get a Notice with a link to a post in a forum they can use where I have made a post explaining how to upgrade to use the forum they are trying to get into. See pic 1 is the node and pick 2 is the notice.

Picture 1

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 6.52.34 PM.webp

Picture 2

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 6.53.18 PM.webp

I have made a Widget that has links to 100's of tutorials in posts in the tutoials forum but when users click on a link in the Widget that takes them to the notice in Pic 3. They do not get the notice that is in Pic 2.

Picture 3

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 6.52.55 PM.webp

Is it possible to have the users see the notice in Pic 2 when they click on a link in a widget?

Thank you for your time.

Assuming you're linking to threads the users can't see, then no. We don't include any details about the forum a non-viewable thread might be in (that'd leak some information), so you wouldn't be able to match a thread to that forum.

At best, you'd need to adjust the widget so it just links to the forum itself for users without access to the threads. (There are a couple ways you could do this, but you could do a different widget for users without access with different content.)

Top Bottom