Not sure I want this...

It's in the footer, so it doesn't really add clutter imo. It moves information that I consider to be a random unnecessary curiosity to a different area, but still easily accessible. By moving these stats to the footer and removing them from the sidebar, you give yourself room to do some more eye catching activity/add-ons in the sidebar.

I may actually utilize this on a few of my sites but I'm still brainstorming some other changes, so we'll see how it goes.

It's in the footer, so it doesn't really add clutter imo. It moves information that I consider to be a random unnecessary curiosity to a different area, but still easily accessible. By moving these stats to the footer and removing them from the sidebar, you give yourself room to do some more eye catching activity/add-ons in the sidebar.

I may actually utilize this on a few of my sites but I'm still brainstorming some other changes, so we'll see how it goes.

Im not sure what else I want to put in the sidebar. I all have is the default stuff with new threads and new posts from bd widget framework.

yep and by removing the stats *which i feel very few people pay attention to or should pay attention to* you're moving up the recent discussions to a more prime position on the site.

yep and by removing the stats *which i feel very few people pay attention to or should pay attention to* you're moving up the recent discussions to a more prime position on the site.

Ok I think I'm gonna go with it, but I think it would be good to have online members in the sidebar.

Just going to leave this here, a concept is all not even sure I like it. Adds a query which I also don't like so we'll see what comes of it :p. I have other ideas so it wont just be a "Forum Stats" thing. :)

upload_2013-12-3_20-3-19.webp

upload_2013-12-3_20-3-44.webp

Nix the scroll bar IMO. It looks horrendous in that particular location. I'd go for the Mini-Me avatars...

I personally wouldn't add Notable Members to it. There are sites out there that if they used it, would load very slowly. Even though it's all optimized as well as it can be, @Stuart Wright for example has so many user's and activity that his Notable Members page used to take over a second for the query to execute.

Top Bottom