• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Not sure I want this...

0xym0r0n

It's in the footer, so it doesn't really add clutter imo. It moves information that I consider to be a random unnecessary curiosity to a different area, but still easily accessible. By moving these stats to the footer and removing them from the sidebar, you give yourself room to do some more eye catching activity/add-ons in the sidebar.

I may actually utilize this on a few of my sites but I'm still brainstorming some other changes, so we'll see how it goes.

Matthew Hawley

It's in the footer, so it doesn't really add clutter imo. It moves information that I consider to be a random unnecessary curiosity to a different area, but still easily accessible. By moving these stats to the footer and removing them from the sidebar, you give yourself room to do some more eye catching activity/add-ons in the sidebar.

I may actually utilize this on a few of my sites but I'm still brainstorming some other changes, so we'll see how it goes.
Im not sure what else I want to put in the sidebar. I all have is the default stuff with new threads and new posts from bd widget framework.

0xym0r0n

yep and by removing the stats *which i feel very few people pay attention to or should pay attention to* you're moving up the recent discussions to a more prime position on the site.

Steve F

Just going to leave this here, a concept is all not even sure I like it. Adds a query which I also don't like so we'll see what comes of it :p. I have other ideas so it wont just be a "Forum Stats" thing. :)

upload_2013-12-3_20-3-19.png

upload_2013-12-3_20-3-44.png