1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure I want this...

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by Matthew Hawley, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  2. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Uhhhh. What?

I don't see anything.

3. Matthew Hawley

Lol sorry. Added the link. :p

4. 0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n Well-Known Member

It's in the footer, so it doesn't really add clutter imo. It moves information that I consider to be a random unnecessary curiosity to a different area, but still easily accessible. By moving these stats to the footer and removing them from the sidebar, you give yourself room to do some more eye catching activity/add-ons in the sidebar.

I may actually utilize this on a few of my sites but I'm still brainstorming some other changes, so we'll see how it goes.

Steve F likes this.
  5. Matthew Hawley

Im not sure what else I want to put in the sidebar. I all have is the default stuff with new threads and new posts from bd widget framework.

6. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Just brings back the "old traditional way" those stats were presented. If you feel it looks clutter then don't use it, it's not for everyone but one thing that is nice: it's free :D

7. 0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n Well-Known Member

yep and by removing the stats *which i feel very few people pay attention to or should pay attention to* you're moving up the recent discussions to a more prime position on the site.

Russ likes this.
  8. Matthew Hawley

Ok I think I'm gonna go with it, but I think it would be good to have online members in the sidebar.

0xym0r0n likes this.
  9. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Just going to leave this here, a concept is all not even sure I like it. Adds a query which I also don't like so we'll see what comes of it :p. I have other ideas so it wont just be a "Forum Stats" thing. :)

upload_2013-12-3_20-3-19.png

upload_2013-12-3_20-3-44.png

10. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Nix the scroll bar IMO. It looks horrendous in that particular location. I'd go for the Mini-Me avatars...

11. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Yea I agree, going to try and make a popup overlay from a "more.." link sort of how Likes work.

Sheldon likes this.
  12. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

I personally wouldn't add Notable Members to it. There are sites out there that if they used it, would load very slowly. Even though it's all optimized as well as it can be, @Stuart Wright for example has so many user's and activity that his Notable Members page used to take over a second for the query to execute.

Shelley, Steve F and Matthew Hawley like this.