[Not Practical] Likes: Show people you follow first

Trombones13

Didn't see a thread for this already...please let this not be yet another duplicate from me. :ROFLMAO:

Currently, likes show up as:
"You, [last two likers], and x others like this."

Instead, perhaps we could get more use out of XF's follow tool and (similarly to Facebook), have it organize with people you follow first, i.e. "You, [two people you follow], and x others like this." (y)

Upvote 0
The likes summary is built and cached when someone likes the content in question, rather than when someone views the summary. This saves some very expensive queries and is a major performance optimisation. Of course, this also means that everyone sees the same summary, so it's simply not practical to show a list customised for each individual user.

The likes summary is built and cached when someone likes the content in question, rather than when someone views the summary. This saves some very expensive queries and is a major performance optimisation. Of course, this also means that everyone sees the same summary, so it's simply not practical to show a list customised for each individual user.
Ah, OK; I was wondering if that would be too unpractical. Never mind! (y)

i think even if it wasnt an expensive change it would be negative.
i suspect it would reinforce a cliquish element i dont care for.

[ot]
this is one of the requests i was talking some time ago.

if the devs don't think, that this makes any sense, the request should be moved into an other forum category

it's really hard to track the suggestions and it's IMO a little demotivating seeing the thread count exploding in the suggestion areas, while the "implemented suggestions"doesn't change (it only grows because of the duplicate requests and not because of real new implemented features)

my 0.02$
[/ot]

if the devs don't think, that this makes any sense, the request should be moved into an other forum category
If I see a duplicate suggestion, one which has been implemented, or has a comment from Kier or Mike stating that it categorically won't be implemented, then I move the threads.

Yup; I have no problem with it being moved--if someone wants to make a suggestion for an add-on instead, they can do that, but since this was a core suggestion, it's fine to be in Implemented/Resolved. :) (y)

Top Bottom