1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Limit "People You Follow" avatars in Members Online?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Peace, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Peace

Peace Active Member

When importing from vB, many people have friends lists with 100+ people. These all get converted to "Followers", which is great, except the Members Online list doesn't seem to limit the number shown in Followers . I like this feature a lot because it adds more color / activity to the screen, but it'll get really clunky for people who follow a lot. Can we limit this to 5 avatars only, that way it sticks to one line of avatars? Thanks!
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Can't limit it, I don't think, but you can remove it completely.

In the sidebar_online_users template, remove or comment this out:

<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
                    <xen:if hascontent="true">
                    <h4 class="minorHeading"><a href="{xen:link account/following}">{xen:phrase people_you_follow}:</a></h4>
                    <ul class="followedOnline">
                            <xen:foreach loop="$onlineUsers.records" value="$user">
                                <xen:if is="{$user.followed}">
                                    <li title="{$user.username}" class="Tooltip"><xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" img="true" class="_plainImage" /></li>
                    <h4 class="minorHeading"><a href="{xen:link members}">{xen:phrase members}:</a></h4>
  3. Peace

Peace Active Member

Thanks! I do like it, so I'll ask the developer we're working with if he could make a quick add-on.