Fixed Not logged in - AJAX Requests

Deebs

Hi

At work I do not check the "keep me logged in" option set so when I wander off and do something and come back the system still thinks I am logged in. Then when I hover over any popup function I get a message stating "that you must be logged in to do this", unfortunately it does not auto reload the main forum to indicate I need to login.

The page still renders as though I am logged in. Would it be possible to add some sort of refresh if the popup realises I am not logged in?

I've seen a similar error on Facebook after leaving it for a long time unattended, so it's not an issue that is unique to XenForo. I suspect that there is little that can be done, but I'll keep an eye on it to see what the conditions are when it occurs.

Kier,

I do not use Facebook to login. Prime example, was logged in last night from work, went home, just came in this morning. 7 alerts are showing, I hover over the bubble, get told I have to be logged in to do that. Clear the error popup, nothing has changed, the display still shows that I am logged in.

Maybe forcing a redirect to the login form after displaying particular error would suffice?

I don't think he meant logging in with Facebook, I think he just meant that Facebook behaves in the same way as XenForo when the session expires.

I don't see why the overlay can't simply display a login form when it's a no-permission error, and maybe replace the overlay with the requested content if login is successful.

Just wanted to say this is one old "Future Fix" bug that I think was misinterpreted to begin with and wouldn't really be that difficult to fix. Would love to see this for 1.2.

For 1.2, I've added a login form to the "you must be logged in" overlay. I don't think that a forced redirect is the solution as it may completely destroy the flow that you're in (especially if you're perhaps writing a message).

Wow nice! I've hit that error so many times when I have been somewhere else in my browser then come back and it really breaks the flow. Login box is a smooth transition back into the action!

Top Bottom