1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Not logged in - AJAX Requests

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Deebs, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

At work I do not check the "keep me logged in" option set so when I wander off and do something and come back the system still thinks I am logged in. Then when I hover over any popup function I get a message stating "that you must be logged in to do this", unfortunately it does not auto reload the main forum to indicate I need to login.

The page still renders as though I am logged in. Would it be possible to add some sort of refresh if the popup realises I am not logged in?
    TheComputerGuy likes this.
  2. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

I've seen a similar error on Facebook after leaving it for a long time unattended, so it's not an issue that is unique to XenForo. I suspect that there is little that can be done, but I'll keep an eye on it to see what the conditions are when it occurs.
    ankurs likes this.
  3. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

I do not use Facebook to login. Prime example, was logged in last night from work, went home, just came in this morning. 7 alerts are showing, I hover over the bubble, get told I have to be logged in to do that. Clear the error popup, nothing has changed, the display still shows that I am logged in.

Maybe forcing a redirect to the login form after displaying particular error would suffice?
  4. Jeremy P

Jeremy P Well-Known Member

I don't think he meant logging in with Facebook, I think he just meant that Facebook behaves in the same way as XenForo when the session expires.

I don't see why the overlay can't simply display a login form when it's a no-permission error, and maybe replace the overlay with the requested content if login is successful.
  5. Jeremy P

Just wanted to say this is one old "Future Fix" bug that I think was misinterpreted to begin with and wouldn't really be that difficult to fix. Would love to see this for 1.2.
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

For 1.2, I've added a login form to the "you must be logged in" overlay. I don't think that a forced redirect is the solution as it may completely destroy the flow that you're in (especially if you're perhaps writing a message).
    Deebs, Teapot, sonnb and 2 others like this.
  7. Jeremy P

Just what I was hoping for. Thanks so much Mike, that's awesome.
  8. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

Wow nice! I've hit that error so many times when I have been somewhere else in my browser then come back and it really breaks the flow. Login box is a smooth transition back into the action!