XF 1.4 Not getting alerts for tagged username

We have upgraded today, and we notice that we do not get alerts anymore for tagging usernames.
I was wondering if it works here on xenforo ?

See? :)

@BonusParadise yes it will work here at XenForo.

The likely culprit is a permission setting:

User Group Permissions  Registered   Admin CP   Local Development.webp

If this is set to 0, effectively no tag alerts will be sent.

It's worth noting that tagging doesn't work when editing a post. It will create the @ link but it won't alert the user.

If you're unsure exactly which usergroup the restrictive permission is set in, you can use Admin CP > Users > Analyze Permissions and input one of the names of the affected users (a user who tags someone and an alert is not generated) and that will tell you the value, and if you expand the info it will tell you exactly which user group the issue is in.

YES! This was it, Admin and Moderators had value 0.
So far we never used it within staff, so we did not notice that it does not work.
From member I received sometimes tag alerts, the value for usergroup member was on 1,
I really don't know why I ever set it to 0 for Admins and Staff, I guess I did not read good what the 0 does in this case.

All solved now, thanks a lot Chris :)

See? :)

@BonusParadise yes it will work here at XenForo.

The likely culprit is a permission setting:

View attachment 86770

If this is set to 0, effectively no tag alerts will be sent.

It's worth noting that tagging doesn't work when editing a post. It will create the @ link but it won't alert the user.

If you're unsure exactly which usergroup the restrictive permission is set in, you can use Admin CP > Users > Analyze Permissions and input one of the names of the affected users (a user who tags someone and an alert is not generated) and that will tell you the value, and if you expand the info it will tell you exactly which user group the issue is in.

Setting up user groups with Registered as primary for everyone as per the guide is the best solution. It saves a lot of duplication and effort one dine, particularly when new permissions are added by new XenForo features and add-ons.

Setting up user groups with Registered as primary for everyone as per the guide is the best solution. It saves a lot of duplication and effort one dine, particularly when new permissions are added by new XenForo features and add-ons.

Yes thanks, I should take care of this soon.
We moved from Vbulletin, it was a bit chaos with the usergroups. Took me some time to get used on xenforo usegroups and permissions , and as you see, I am still learning :)

@Martok, thanks for the heads up :)

As a suggestion, I have all permissions listed in a spreadsheet (in rows) and the user groups in columns. I used this to set up the user groups and I don't have any user groups with the same permissions set. I use them as per the guide, so a user is in the Registered group for primary and in several secondary user groups to get the permissions they require. It also means that to add a new permission or change an existing one I only need to do it in one user group, not multiple ones.

Top Bottom