XF 2.0 Not being able to change the titles of navigation links?

Brad Padgett

Hey I just recently tried to change the title of the "forums" navigation link and it would not let me. I'm not sure if this is a bug. It was shaded out and would not let me change the title.

Does it normally work this way or is this a bug?

I wanted the make the forums link say home instead. I even tried moving all the sub-items from forums to the home navigation provided and then moving the inner details from forum to home. This ended up working but the active state in UI.X 2 was not the same (not asking for UI.X 2 support, just saying). It also would not let me change the home title either.

Shouldn't I be able to change the navigation title? Not sure as to what the point would be in not allowing that but please let me know what the situation is, I really appreciate it.

- Brad

The titles are phrases, and that is the master value of the phrase, so changing it would mean it'd be wiped out on upgrade. Instead, change the phrase in your language. All of the navigation phrases start with "nav." (with the dot) -- this one is "nav.forums".

The titles are phrases, and that is the master value of the phrase, so changing it would mean it'd be wiped out on upgrade. Instead, change the phrase in your language. All of the navigation phrases start with "nav." (with the dot) -- this one is "nav.forums".

Thanks for the information. I really value your help.

- Brad

I wanted the make the forums link say home instead.
I made the decision recently to do just this, simply because it made the most sense based on how I have everything setup on the forum.

I ran into the same issue as you.

This is very helpful and I'm pleased I found the answer so quickly.

Top Bottom