1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Not able to rebuild or upload xml for addons

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Market1234, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Market1234

Market1234 Member

I am getting this window which gets stuck regardless of refreshing or re submitting

upload_2015-3-3_11-47-49.png

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

How may styles, languages and add-ons do you have installed?

Who is your host?
    Is it shared or VPS?

3. Market1234

Market1234 Member

Shared, Godaddy. I have four styles, all with child styles as well. Only three are active, do I need more bandwidth?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Rebuilding templates is an intensive process and made even more so the more styles and languages there are.

I suspect the server is struggling due to the shared hosting environment.

You can try adding this to the library/config.php file to see if it helps (not sure it will):
    Code:
    $config['rebuildMaxExecution'] = 5;
    Otherwise it's just a case of clicking continue until the process completes.

Market1234 likes this.
  5. Market1234

Market1234 Member

upload_2015-3-3_12-33-10.png it is telling me to enter 451 or 501 something I never did before

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Your JavaScript stuff either appears to be broken or disabled. Presumably something changed at some point to cause it. When did it start and what did you change leading up to that point? Add-ons? Site settings? (CloudFlare?) One of those will have triggered the issue.

I'd recommend reuploading the standard files to try to eliminate that as a cause.

Market1234 likes this.
  7. Market1234

Market1234 Member

All fixed, thanks