XF 1.4 Not a forum...sort of.

tommydamic68

How do i get this - different icon and no discussion counts - etc - I have a forum that doesn't get posted in, just information stuff that doesn't get updated frequently.

Screen Shot 2014-11-22 at 4.45.20 PM.webp

Thats a link node. By your description its not necessarily what you want.
It appears it would, as long as clicking the links brings you into the treads posted within that forum, it just looks as if its a dead forum with no action due to me not enabling posting, its sot of like articles in that section. It seems i can't turn a regular node into a link node though.

I use link nodes in a slightly different way. On my site we have a first person shooter forum which has subforums for 3 games. The link forums are used to highlight these on the front page. You can see for yourself via my signature.

Maybe this is similar to what you want to achieve?

I use link nodes in a slightly different way. On my site we have a first person shooter forum which has subforums for 3 games. The link forums are used to highlight these on the front page. You can see for yourself via my signature.

Maybe this is similar to what you want to achieve?
If your referencing this, then yes, just one link though, but I can I do this with an existing forum that already has content?
Screen Shot 2014-11-22 at 5.42.19 PM.webp

Could always just use some simple css to make it look like a different type of node.

Code:
.node_89 .nodeStats, .node_89 .nodeLastPost.secondaryContent, .node_89 .nodeTitle:after {
display: none;
}
.node_89 .nodeIcon
{
url(@imagePath/xenforo/newnodeicon.png) no-repeat 0 0 !important;
}

.node_89 .nodeStats, .node_89 .nodeLastPost.secondaryContent, .node_89 .nodeTitle:after { display: none; } .node_89 .nodeIcon { url(@imagePath/xenforo/newnodeicon.png) no-repeat 0 0 !important; }
It didn't change it, I changes the node number to the proper node but it still shows the old node, any thoughts?

Top Bottom