Nodes As Tabs

Nodes As Tabs 1.5.1

No permission to download
Hello guys :D
How do I set up unread counter for XenForo Media Gallery And Xenforo Resource Manager in navigation menu?
These nodes are not exist in nodes list

I sincerely apologize if I am asking an ignorant question...:oops:
I just moved from phpBB3 to xenForo today! I am already so very happy! This is my 2nd add on because this makes great sense!

The question is, I was under the impression that this Add On will give me the opportunity to add Navigation Tabs to the Forum that will allow me to navigate to the rest of my html site/pages. Is this true? www.imtbtrails.com is the site, and I would like to add the navigation I have on the remaining site to the forum navigation as well. I hope this is possible. If not, does anyone have an Add On suggestion? Please do not suggest writing php code....that's a HUGE reason why I left phpBB...:LOL: Love my new forum!
Thanks in advance!
~Mikie
imtbtrails

I sincerely apologize if I am asking an ignorant question...:oops:
I just moved from phpBB3 to xenForo today! I am already so very happy! This is my 2nd add on because this makes great sense!

The question is, I was under the impression that this Add On will give me the opportunity to add Navigation Tabs to the Forum that will allow me to navigate to the rest of my html site/pages. Is this true? www.imtbtrails.com is the site, and I would like to add the navigation I have on the remaining site to the forum navigation as well. I hope this is possible. If not, does anyone have an Add On suggestion? Please do not suggest writing php code....that's a HUGE reason why I left phpBB...:LOL: Love my new forum!
Thanks in advance!
~Mikie
imtbtrails

You can use link-forums as tabs with this addon. Link-forums can represent any URL.

Thanks Jake!
One of the big reasons I left phpBB was because up till the latest version you had to go in and modify the php code. I hated that!:mad:
My goal is to be a Forum Owner and not a code writer. I think when we are immersed in what we do, we accidentally assume that the other person "knows" what they are talking about. I currently (and unfortunately) do not yet understand what you are talking about. :oops: Again I apologize.
If you could post step by step (maybe with screenshots) the steps to create a tab that would direct to say: www.imtbtrails.com/magazine
I would be forever grateful!
Already my site is so much better even visually from the dozens and dozens of hours I spent with phpBB. This is awesome software and glad I made the switch. The members are digging it big time too!
Thank you Jake!
~Mikie
imtbtrails

You don't have to mess with the code if you do like this.
Just create a new node as you usually do but for this choose a link forum.
Can't post now pics because I am online with a mobile.

Thanks Jake!
One of the big reasons I left phpBB was because up till the latest version you had to go in and modify the php code. I hated that!:mad:
My goal is to be a Forum Owner and not a code writer. I think when we are immersed in what we do, we accidentally assume that the other person "knows" what they are talking about. I currently (and unfortunately) do not yet understand what you are talking about. :oops: Again I apologize.
If you could post step by step (maybe with screenshots) the steps to create a tab that would direct to say: www.imtbtrails.com/magazine
I would be forever grateful!
Already my site is so much better even visually from the dozens and dozens of hours I spent with phpBB. This is awesome software and glad I made the switch. The members are digging it big time too!
Thank you Jake!
~Mikie
imtbtrails

Admin CP -> Applications -> Create New Link Forum

Give it a title and 'link url' as is normal for link forums, then also enable the Display As Tab option which is from this addon and shows on the same page.

It should work fine, yes. I will do more extensive testing this weekend to be sure.
Jake, could you please post an update on your continued testing? I am going to upgrade to 1.5 on my test site as well, but I have never done a XF upgrade and I'm a little (lot) nervous about it. Currently running 1.4.4 -- thank you!

I upgraded to 1.5 yesterday and it went very smooth using command line as suggested to me [because of large database (that's what she said)] when I started the upgrade.

Nodes as tabs is working fine although I'm only using it to add link forums as of now.

I upgraded to 1.5 yesterday and it went very smooth using command line as suggested to me [because of large database (that's what she said)] when I started the upgrade.
Nodes as tabs is working fine although I'm only using it to add link forums as of now.
I made some edits to the PAGE_CONTAINER template (navigation, footer, page_container_js_body, and sidebar_visitor_panel) and I wonder if my edits to the navigation section will be impacted by the update. I added some code to change dropdown behavior.

Any suggestions about this would be greatly appreciated. I’m about to do my first upgrade (1.4.4 to 1.5) and I hope to get it right.... :)

Thanks,
Stacy

Last edited:
Jake, could you please post an update on your continued testing? I am going to upgrade to 1.5 on my test site as well, but I have never done a XF upgrade and I'm a little (lot) nervous about it. Currently running 1.4.4 -- thank you!

I installed and tested the latest version of this addon on XF 1.5. Everything works fine as expected.

I made some edits to the PAGE_CONTAINER template (navigation, footer, page_container_js_body, and sidebar_visitor_panel) and I wonder if my edits to the navigation section will be impacted by the update. I added some code to change dropdown behavior.

Any suggestions about this would be greatly appreciated. I’m about to do my first upgrade (1.4.4 to 1.5) and I hope to get it right.... :)

Thanks,
Stacy

Custom templates can possibly cause problems during an upgrade. Often times you can just ignore your custom templates unless you experience problems. Or you can visit this page to go through the changes:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Outdated Templates

Custom templates can possibly cause problems during an upgrade. Often times you can just ignore your custom templates unless you experience problems. Or you can visit this page to go through the changes:
Admin CP -> Appearance -> Outdated Templates
Thanks Jake. I'm not sure what you mean by "Often times you can just ignore your custom templates." Since I modified the template to change the dropdown behavior, I want to retain those changes or my custom nav will break. Can you please clarify?

Thanks Jake. I'm not sure what you mean by "Often times you can just ignore your custom templates." Since I modified the template to change the dropdown behavior, I want to retain those changes or my custom nav will break. Can you please clarify?

Your custom template will remain active after an upgrade. If the new version made changes to that template then those changes will not be part of your custom template which might be a problem. The Outdated Templates area will help you to identify and merge those changes.

Your custom template will remain active after an upgrade. If the new version made changes to that template then those changes will not be part of your custom template which might be a problem. The Outdated Templates area will help you to identify and merge those changes.
OK -- thank you.

Top Bottom