Node Icon

Node Icon 2.2 Beta 3

No permission to download
I'm currently upgrading vom XF1 to XF2 - and I also would be very happy if it would be possible to be able to use a custom read and unread icon.
I'm using various logos for devices on my page - and these are not available in FontAwesome. So the only way to include them is by using a custom icon.

The addon I used before allowed to use two PNGs for read and unread, but that doesn't work here.
Would that be hard to add?

The addon I used before allowed to use two PNGs for read and unread, but that doesn't work here.
You should be able to use the "Image or svg as node icon" option and enter the path to your image. AFAIK you can only add 1 image (not two, one for read and one for unread), but you can work with CSS in order to show your icon in a different way depending on read status.

Ah that explains it, I thought that is the bug.
Problem with assigning icon to category was because icon just not save no xf_node table. It was fixed. If you set node icon, save and re-open edit page - icon should be here, but wasn't at previous version.

Category at all forums list (forum_list template) have no icon, only name and description. But if there is category in forum, and you open forum (forum_view template), category should have icon.
Hi @sbj can you please elaborate more on what he is saying here? I want the fa icon to display near my Categories on the forum list but it's not. Help me out.

Hi @sbj can you please elaborate more on what he is saying here? I want the fa icon to display near my Categories on the forum list but it's not. Help me out.
If you look at the default XF forum list, you will see that there are no icons for categories.

1568002513150.png

As you see "Official forums" or "Public forums" are categories and have no icon. This is the default XF behaviour. So this addon cannot put a custom icon, as there is no icon to replace.

Unless you create a category type of node in a category. Then the category will have an icon by default and then you can set an custom icon via this addon.

1568003170127.png

1568003149423.png

I think with simple css you could create an icon for category nodes, just search for it here on XF.

WeaponOwl updated Node Icon with a new update entry:

Read/Unread different icons

Support for different icons when node have unread messages.
If define only 'node icon' - it using for both watched/unread node state.
If define only 'unread node icon' - it using only for node with unread messages. For node without new content using origin xenforo's icon or defined from your style.
If define both - for node without new message, using 'node icon', for node with unread messages using 'unread node icon'

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great add-on, but I cannot get it to render "<i class="fab fa-reddit"></i>"

It's a Reddit icon and I have the need for others. Maybe it can't recognize the "fab" prefix?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey i have already a node icon but i am not really happy with it.
I have like 100-200 node icons and that is also the amount on + request i get by page load, so it slows my page load imense.
But with Sprite Image this could be easily solved an shrinkend to only one single request.

The coder has no priority at all, so maybe you take my gathered infos more productively.
Here are the baisc elements for Image Sprite.

How do you change opacity for read/unread node icons if you're using png images? Right now, unread forums are shown with 100% opacity, which is no good.

Figured it out. To use opacity for read forums, add this to your extra.less.

Code:
.node--read .node-icon-ext  {opacity:0.6;}

Hi

We installed the addon and when uninstalling it gave an error and threw down our forum.
We delete the addon, from the Addon folder, but keep giving this error:

Exception: Could not find class ServerDev\NodeIcon\XF\Entity\Node when attempting to extend XF\Entity\Node in src/XF/Extension.php at line 174

XF\Extension->extendClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php at line 53
XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getEntityClassName() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php at line 67
XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getEntityStructure() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php at line 222
XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getFinder() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Repository.php at line 35
XF\Mvc\Entity\Repository->finder() in src/XF/Repository/Node.php at line 42
XF\Repository\Node->findNodesForList() in src/XF/Repository/Node.php at line 17
XF\Repository\Node->getNodeList() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php at line 50
XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionList() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1934
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 333
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13

Hi

I have used your excelltn add-on to insert a FA icon in front of the node name

But although it appears to work perfectly well - it doesnt seem to resize the icon when used with the illuminate theme from xenfocus

For example here is the node list in the Admin CP - showing the correct sized icon "fas fa-star fa-sm"

But the forum home page shows a larger icon and will not respond to the size ...

Please advise....

:)

I see no of your images, so advice over unknown. I not sure how that theme is done, but if you have too big icon over iconic font, one of parent elements where icon placed have wrong a bit font size. So most fast solution for you is just set custom font size for parent element in extra.css/extra.less
Also, i not sure fa-sm modification is works now. There was no even weight modification before, so i needed to add them manually, else xenforo styles just override it with static value. If i not forgot, i will add size modifications later a bit, but not today/tomorrow.
As for you - if you wish, send url to your dashboard in conversation with me, probably i may help if see all with my eyes. But i give no guarantees

Top Bottom