Node Icon

Node Icon 2.2 Beta 3

No permission to download
Also you are free to copy/modify this addon as you wish. You simply can check how it works on TMS side and make new one TMS for allow it to work in combination with addons you need

Not a free addon, so that only up to you for check.
You can just open template modifications, found there Node Icons group and check for TMS active. If not active - you can't use it

I got that TH nodes addon, but just wondering how it will work.

Sorry, but i can't help you here. I think there are 3 possible ways how it works: use TMS for edit some templates or use TMS for use own templates, or something else
Try to see on TMS for node_list for that addon. Maybe you will found how it render exactly

Upgrading to:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Line 47: Macro name "node-icon" may only contain A-Z, 0-9 and underscores. - Template name: public:node_list_ext

Upgrading to:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Line 47: Macro name "node-icon" may only contain A-Z, 0-9 and underscores. - Template name: public:node_list_ext
Wish I'd read this before installing. I saw that, too, and now can't get rid of an action pending error. Can't complete upgrade, and uninstall doesn't get rid of the error, so now I'm not sure what to do.

@WeaponOwl Thank you for the wonderful addon! I apprecaite it. Trying to bring artwork into my forum design to give it some more flare.

Question, how can I put in some padding between the icon and forum title?

5zn3Tdc.png

Live Example:

WeaponOwl updated Node Icon with a new update entry:

Xenforo 2.2-only Beta 2. Check description for details

Support for XF 2.2 style, addon was redone.
  • this version of addon for XF 2.2 only (tested on 2.2.2). For older versions check history (on resource page, on top, overview/update/reviews/history/discussion). Version from Sep 23, 2020 works fine on 2.1 and 2.2 RC
  • node icons store on own table. migration success from lastest released version. if you had no it yet, please update to version from Sep 23, 2020 first, or uninstall addon. all you'll lost are just few setup (backups...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'have_node_icon' in 'field list'
  • src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:228

Stack trace​

UPDATE xf_node SET have_node_icon = ? WHERE node_id = 7
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1054, '42S22')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(39): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1054, '42S22')
#2 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(54): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(94): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#4 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(322): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('UPDATE `xf_nod...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1515): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->update('xf_node', Array, 'node_id = 7')
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1242): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php(69): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php(187): XF\Mvc\FormAction->XF\Mvc\{closure}(Object(XF\Mvc\FormAction))
#9 src/XF/Admin/Controller/AbstractNode.php(110): XF\Mvc\FormAction->run()
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): XF\Admin\Controller\AbstractNode->actionSave(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Forum', 'Save', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ServerDev\NodeIcon\XF\Admin\Controller\Forum), NULL)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(ServerDev\NodeIcon\XF\Admin\Controller\Forum), NULL)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#14 src/XF/App.php(2326): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#15 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#16 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#17 {main}

array(4) {
["url"] => string(46) "/foro/admin.php?forums/ciudad-de-mexico.7/save"
["referrer"] => string(66) "https://motobaka.com/foro/admin.php?forums/ciudad-de-mexico.7/edit"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["forums/ciudad-de-mexico_7/save"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(17) {
["node"] => array(13) {
["title"] => string(17) "Ciudad de México"
["description"] => string(0) ""
["node_name"] => string(0) ""
["parent_node_id"] => string(1) "1"
["display_order"] => string(1) "1"
["display_in_list"] => string(1) "1"
["node_icon_type"] => string(7) "default"
["node_icon"] => string(0) ""
["node_icon_hover"] => string(0) ""
["node_icon_unread"] => string(0) ""
["node_icon_hover_unread"] => string(0) ""
["node_icon_class"] => string(0) ""
["navigation_id"] => string(0) ""
}
["forum_type_id"] => string(10) "discussion"
["default_thread_prefix"] => string(1) "0"
["require_prefix"] => string(1) "0"
["allow_posting"] => string(1) "1"
["count_messages"] => string(1) "1"
["find_new"] => string(1) "1"
["allow_index"] => string(5) "allow"
["min_tags"] => string(1) "0"
["allowed_watch_notifications"] => string(3) "all"
["default_sort_order"] => string(14) "last_post_date"
["default_sort_direction"] => string(4) "desc"
["list_date_limit_days"] => string(1) "0"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(46) "/foro/admin.php?forums/ciudad-de-mexico.7/edit"
["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Bug: Node icon not showing for unread forums. When a forum is bold / "highlighted" for unread content the node icon currently does not appear.

This was with the admin setting for "Unread Node Icon" blank, so it should of been defaulting to using the "Node Icon" setting.

I tried to track down the exact issue by copying my font awesome setting from "Node Icon" to "Unread Node Icon" and it began appearing correctly for that node. I then deleted my setting from "Unread Node Icon" and the font awesome icon remained as it should.

So it appears this is related to an issue automatically applying the default "Node Icon" setting to unread node icons when a setting does not and never has existed under "Unread Node Icon".

Bug: Node icon not showing for unread forums. When a forum is bold / "highlighted" for unread content the node icon currently does not appear.

This was with the admin setting for "Unread Node Icon" blank, so it should of been defaulting to using the "Node Icon" setting.

Same here, but it works for usergroup admins all others wont see the node icon if there are unread threads.

This addon appears to have broken with 2.2.13 - any chance anyone has any alternatives?
It appears the author has not been around in over 2 years, so this might be a dead add-on.

I switched to this add-on a couple years back and it works well and is still supported.

I have not upgraded to 2.2.13 yet, so I can't guarantee there are no issues with it, but it functions well on 2.2.12 and I would expect an update soon if there are any compatibility issues with 2.2.13.

It appears the author has not been around in over 2 years, so this might be a dead add-on.

I switched to this add-on a couple years back and it works well and is still supported.

I have not upgraded to 2.2.13 yet, so I can't guarantee there are no issues with it, but it functions well on 2.2.12 and I would expect an update soon if there are any compatibility issues with 2.2.13.
Thank you, this looks great!

It does not work with 2.2.13, unfortunately (lots of template errors).

Top Bottom