XF 1.3 Nobody can log in to my forums anymore...

kontrabass

Hi guys,

Since midnight last night nobody can log in. Upon login attempt, we're just routed back to the originating page, not logged in... Any ideas where to start troubleshooting?? Nothing was installed or updated at all. Resetting browser cookies has no effect.

Adding
$config['enableListeners'] = false;
to config.php has NO effect. I can't even get into admincp...

And, get this error when trying to register a new account:

Screenshot at May 28 09-29-11.webp

Last edited:
If you have changed nothing and it has just started spontaneously, then you may want to ask your host if they have made any changes which could affect it.

What is the site URL?

Something's definitely wacky. Users already logged in seem to have no problem posting. I hope it's not got anything to do with our conversion from vbulletin on April 16. Seems like it wouldn't take this long to show up.

Have you customised the register_form template at all?

I was seeing that error for the name field also, before entering anything else but I can't even get your site to load now.

Try removing the ads and any other JavaScript content from that page and test again.

Disabling listeners in config.php is mostly designed to be a fallback if all else fails. Full add-on disabling should be done through the control panel. (Those field names would be related to an add-on, which may use template modifications.)

Disabling listeners in config.php is mostly designed to be a fallback if all else fails. Full add-on disabling should be done through the control panel. (Those field names would be related to an add-on, which may use template modifications.)

I can't get into the admincp :(

Fundamentally, sessions don't appear to be maintained from page to page, which would likely imply that the IP is changing constantly, which further implies the addition of a reverse proxy. You would need to figure out where the real IP is stored in $_SERVER and set $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] to that in config.php.

Fixed! Server tech discovered memcached had crashed, lots of memcached errors were in the logs. Restarted memcached and all is well.

Thanks so much @Mike and @Brogan for helping troubleshoot - really appreciate all the help here at xf.com!!! (y)

Lol if I had been able to get into the admincp I would have found 59,000 of these errors
Code:
ErrorException: MemcachePool::get(): Server 127.0.0.1 (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection refused (111) - library/Zend/Cache/Backend/Memcached.php:180
Generated By: Unknown Account, 10 minutes ago

Server tech is upgrading memcached to the latest version.

Top Bottom