Resource icon

[Nobita] Image Optimizer for XF 1.5.x [Paid] 1.3.0

No permission to buy ($29.00)
Installed with no issues.
What are the recommended settings for photo compression?

Below settings seem to be high:

JPEG Optimization / Maximum Quality 90%
Enable GIF Optimization / Maximum Quality 100%

Added support Image Proxy Cache
(y)

Two questions before buying:

When I install addon, is there anything other to do (click start or something like that) beside setup settings?
If optimising started with cron, is it server stressed, or is it run in cycles (deffered).

What are recommanded settings for all that Strip *** settings in acp?
11-49-21.webp

@Nobita.Kun in the example on the resource overview I can see data loss (artifacts). Is because is possibile to chose is the add-on will compress images with data loss and without it?

Sorry. Can you give more detail?

The resource description say:

DESCRIPTION
Optimizing all images which stored in XenForo to lower size and do not loss quality.

but take a look at the two images on the resource overview, the second one have more compression artifacts than the first one, so I think that it's not a lossless optimization but it's a simple lossy compression.

You can see it for example on the boy "inside" the sculpture, just zoom in the two photos and you can see that the second one have more compression artifacts.

First:
thumb_img_1121_1024-jpg.141289

Second:
thumb_img_1121_1024-jpg.141290

Maybe with that description you meant that you can not notice the quality lost, but the quality is lost! ;)

Last edited:
The resource description say:

but take a look at the two images on the resource overview, the second one have more compression artifacts than the first one, so I think that it's not a lossless optimization but it's a simple lossy compression.

You can see it for example on the boy "inside" the sculpture, just zoom in the two photos and you can see that the second one have more compression artifacts.

First:
thumb_img_1121_1024-jpg.141289

Second:
thumb_img_1121_1024-jpg.141290

Maybe with that description you meant that you can not notice the quality lost, but the quality is lost! ;)
Ahh Right. My english is bad :) Sorry.

Does plugin work with ImageMagick PECL Extension?
Yup. My site using ImageMagick processor.

Hi

Some questions:

• Can/does this add-on resize proxy stored images to a specific size?
  • Does it optimize images already stored in the attached system? If so, does it resize to the default system defined size?
  • All optimizations are made after the images are downloaded, in a deferred mode?
  • How much is the renew price after 12 months?

Thanks

Last edited:
Can/does this add-on resize proxy stored images to a specific size?
Specific size? What mean for? Demensions with, height? or file size?
But anyway, it is cannot control of size. Just remove unnessary data in image.

Does it optimize images already stored in the attached system? If so, does it resize to the default system defined size?
Yes. It is stored same file. It is mean just update the original file.
All optimizations are made after the images are downloaded, in a deferred mode?
Yes.
How much is the renew price after 12 months?
50% of the currently price.

Specific size? What mean for? Demensions with, height? or file size?

Hi

Dimensions like 1600 x 1200! You could just read the attachment width x height and give us an option to force resize to this dimensions :)
This would be amazing, since we cant control the external images and this way we could make all images in the same size.

Captura de ecrã 2016-10-15, às 10.09.21.webp

Could you take some time to make this happening?

Other questions ... what optimizations can we expect in the XF Gallery other than the default ones?

Thanks

Hi

Dimensions like 1600 x 1200! You could just read the attachment width x height and give us an option to force resize to this dimensions :)
This would be amazing, since we cant control the external images and this way we could make all images in the same size.

View attachment 142188

Could you take some time to make this happening?

Other questions ... what optimizations can we expect in the XF Gallery other than the default ones?

Thanks
Not have any plan to support resize image demensions.
XF media also using XF attachments then it is supported by default.

Top Bottom