1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed No way to logout if javascript is disabled...

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Liam W, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

So, I just disabled javascript to test something, and I noticed there was no logout link at all. Anywhere. El Zilcho. Nothing.

Am I missing something?

This is in bug reports as it is, technically, a bug/oversight...

(Obviously, you can go to /logout manually, but people don't know that)

CyberAP and xf_phantom like this.
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I believe there is a NoJs class (or something similar) that could be used to apply / display this link.

3. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

4. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

I've added a log-out link to the account page sidebar.

For reference, to hide something to JS-enabled pages (which in this case I have not done, as the link is a reasonable addition anyway), you need to reference the code like this:

Code:
    .hasJs [element_to_be_hidden] { display: none; }

Alien, shenmuee, IcEWoLF and 7 others like this.
  5. Despair

Despair Active Member

I noticed you added an extra section class instead of appending it to the settings list elements, so there is some top margin above the logout link. Looks a bit weird, although I'm assuming you did that on purpose for some visual separation between the other links. I was wondering whether it's more appropriate to have that logout link under the account heading at the bottom instead of settings. Your Account -> Log Out seems to make more sense than Settings -> Log Out, but then it means it's another link that pushes down the settings group further...

Jeremy P and Andrej like this.
  6. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

I just figured that it was slightly more obvious isolated at the bottom of the list rather than stuck in the middle of the list, but I can see the logic either way.

AlexT likes this.