No Visitors ??

Actually, use resources like a blog - use that as a guide for deaf folks.

I did not find anything much guidance for deaf, all will be discussed in the forums categories if need supports.

Which way to get rid of 'Resources' in navigation template in order to disable at this moments.

What is your website offering people that they want and they can't get somewhere else already?

Good question, give me example. keyword Tracker and ranking? I am not sure..

Deaf people do discussed openly in facebook and alldeaf.com (vBulletin site).
Keep in mind, those sites are pre-established. In the case of AllDeaf - that's a general purpose, worldwide site. It's not restricted to a singular country or ideal, or niche.

A small, local niche site is hard enough. But when you mix a niche topic, with a niche local subject - it's just twice as hard as just starting out. Especially with the point that I made. All these factors add up to challenges for you. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying it's 10x's harder than just building a niche topic.
I respectt your opinion, but without calling out which site
COD4Boards is now www.thecodforums.com The previous owner did exactly what you advised the OP to do... It worked for a while, and then it exploded from there. But that explosion only worked because COD4 was a hot topic once the game was released. As years goes on, the site got so popular, the owner had to sell it because the growth was too much to keep up with.
One of those has 4 AE's all the admin. It's doing very well actually for a Call of Duty site.
AE? What abbreviation does that mean? One of the sites that are in that listing is moi's. :)
I will admit though, that maybe a site dedicated to the deaf, maybe a little personal. And would require someone to be more creative.
Okay. :)

Last edited:
Keep in mind, those sites are pre-established. In the case of AllDeaf - that's a general purpose, worldwide site. It's not restricted to a singular country or ideal, or niche.

A small, local niche site is hard enough. But when you mix a niche topic, with a niche local subject - it's just twice as hard as just starting out. Especially with the point that I made. All these factors add up to challenges for you. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying it's 10x's harder than just building a niche topic.

COD4Boards is now www.thecodforums.com The previous owner did exactly what you advised the OP to do... It worked for a while, and then it exploded from there. But that explosion only worked because COD4 was a hot topic once the game was released. As years goes on, the site got so popular, the owner had to sell it because the growth was too much to keep up with.

AE? What abbreviation does that mean? One of the sites that are in that listing is moi's. :)

Not going to say which site, but its good to know others have done it, even after the COD4 explosion.

AE = Alter Ego

Interesting thoughtful, I will continue to do it and maybe get some lucks. I take your points.

Your best shot at success is working with schools, non-profits, governments that promote deaf folks and education of them. In fact, treat your site as an info site.

This is good advice. Apart from the good channels for publicity those suggestions would make, a new forum often works better if it's part of a larger info site. Then it's not just the forum that brings in traffic, the articles and information on the main site does too. These days people often do the articles and info via a blog format. So, research and talk about the deaf scene in Canada (what's good about it, what's bad about it?) and draw on your personal experience to make it credible. As a deaf person what resources and articles would you want to read? Then go and write them.

Your forum itself looks really nice visually.

Well that is the real question that you need to figure out if you want to have an infinitely easier time with trying to get traction with your site. If *you* don't know what you are offering people that they want, why exactly would they want to use your site?
Wholly agree with this. Figure out something you can do better than the competition - whether that's dealing with more local issues, or having a useful application/feature to draw people, or anything like that. If you, who knows your forum best, cannot say exactly why a member should visit you, instead of AllDeaf.com or one of the Facebook groups, or even a competing forum, then your visitors definitely won't know.

At first glance, I'd say you have way too many forums for a new site. Try and condense them down into a much smaller number - four or five maximum and expand as you go. So many forums with little activity can be offputting.

I realize, many forums from xenforo become inactive, good example like AdminExtra.com, Monkey Productions, Clip the Apex, and others I dont remember, no-one visit it ? How come or wait for five years ?

I realize, many forums from xenforo become inactive, good example like AdminExtra.com, Monkey Productions, Clip the Apex, and others I dont remember, no-one visit it ? How come or wait for five years ?
Not entirely sure of the relevance here.. we're talking too many forums within a site, not how busy an existing site is - or what your actual point is?

My suggestion would be expending it to an international community instead of just Canada. It would have much more potential than restricting it to one area. How many deaf people are in Canada? How many of them would really go online and discuss this in a forum? that's something that you should consider.

My suggestion would be expending it to an international community instead of just Canada. It would have much more potential than restricting it to one area. How many deaf people are in Canada? How many of them would really go online and discuss this in a forum? that's something that you should consider.

I agree with you, probably that is singular country. I have to start all over again to remove a country, i.e domain name ? or create thread topics for international community?

Population: The Canadian Association of the Deaf uses the traditional “one in ten” formula for estimating statistics, with strong disclaimers. This formula concludes that there are 350,000 culturally Deaf Canadians and 3.15 million hard of hearing Canadians.

Source

I agree with you, probably that is singular country. I have to start all over again to remove a country, i.e domain name ? or create thread topics for international community?

Population: The Canadian Association of the Deaf uses the traditional “one in ten” formula for estimating statistics, with strong disclaimers. This formula concludes that there are 350,000 culturally Deaf Canadians and 3.15 million hard of hearing Canadians.

Source
Worldwide, you have about 20 times more then that, so I would consider to start over. It's not a pleasant thing to do since you already have a design/domain and everything else, but it would be much more efficient in the long run.
But that's just my opinion.

Worldwide, you have about 20 times more then that, so I would consider to start over. It's not a pleasant thing to do since you already have a design/domain and everything else, but it would be much more efficient in the long run.
Not really that hard... get a second domain - change the forum to reflect that domain info (logo, etc) and then simply maintain the current domain (in case anyone has found it) and just do a rewrite to route it to the new domain. From looking at the site, there will be minimal work to do (other than maybe removing Canada specific stuff and transposing them into "zones" or "areas").

Thanks for your opinion, I appreciate it. I have research and analysis, I have found some singular country' success forum where many international users visit the sites. I get the feeling, not just singular issues but I will use general topics and different categories. My site is just two months baby, lets try experiment for more than 6 months.

Not really that hard... get a second domain - change the forum to reflect that domain info (logo, etc) and then simply maintain the current domain (in case anyone has found it) and just do a rewrite to route it to the new domain. From looking at the site, there will be minimal work to do (other than maybe removing Canada specific stuff and transposing them into "zones" or "areas").

Bro, what is require to do minimal work to improve forum?

Bro, what is require to do minimal work to improve forum?
By what do you mean improve. Yours looks good. What I was referring to was changing it over to an international format instead of Canada specific format.
Asking what to do to "improve" the forum is like asking "Is there a higher being?". Depends on who you ask. Some questions to ask are what your target goal is, are you willing to spend on advertising, etc. Me, I just have my forums out there for anyone to use that wants them. Nobody wants to use them then that's fine - I still enjoy doing the fun stuff with them. If I wasn't spending money on the servers then I'd just be buying high dollar cigars :p, or buying me a 'Busa and start playing with it to put on the track.

Top Bottom