No Visitors ??

There are a few errors and suggestions just in this image. Hope this helps.

Deaf Talk Canada 2013-06-29 13-27-38.webp

I'm deaf (and I think everyone here realizes that from images that I've posted), and I would not want to go to a "singular" site about deaf people even if I am one. Just something to consider. You need to find the right deaf folk in Canada - elsewhere - whether it be facebook, twitter, google or youtube, whatever. And entice them. There are millions of deaf folks, but a lot of them don't speak out or openly about their situation.

As a marketer, I think the niche you're diving into is one of the toughest ones. Not only are you diving into a hard niche, you've got to work local.

Your best shot at success is working with schools, non-profits, governments that promote deaf folks and education of them. In fact, treat your site as an info site.

Last edited:
LPH,

Thank you for figuring out. I haven't put information on Resources yet, so I will remove it. I agree it is wasting space.

The video is working fine on my side, I clicked it. I didn't find errors here on all browsers.

The video is working fine on my side, I clicked it. I didn't find errors here on all browsers.

Moved through a few forums and went back to that area and it worked. Not sure why there is a glitch.
However, make sure that "News" link is fixed too.

I personally feel that if I can notice 2-3 accounts that posted that much just 'disappear' suddenly, it means something bad for the community.
That's why you continue it even after people join. The idea is you should "slowly" fade out. Allowing your true members to fill in.

This isn't something that happens over night and you need a lot more people on your site before you do that.

Like with any forum, people do come and people do go. You need to mimic that behavior when making a dummy account.

It's really a long term project. ;)

I personally feel that if I can notice 2-3 accounts that posted that much just 'disappear' suddenly, it means something bad for the community.
Sometimes, I see eye to eye with Adam, but in this partiuclar case, I disagree with everything he said. This tactic would've worked for a niche like Call of Duty, I don't see this working in the OP's favor, since sites like this is a little too.... personal.

I did try this method, 2-3 dumb accounts, nobody coming. :(

People just like facebook page and useful comments, I don't know how to convince them to the site instead facebook page, google +, twitter.

1) Contact some local facilities that cater to the crowd and let them know about the resource (and ask if you can leave some brochures/cards)
2) I'm sure that there are some facebook communities that target the individuals - post your site on there as an additional resource and denote that it will allow EXTENDED conversations about it
3) Contact local support groups and let them know about it.

I'm deaf (and I think everyone here realizes that from images that I've posted), and I would not want to go to a "singular" site about deaf people even if I am one. Just something to consider. You need to find the right deaf folk in Canada - elsewhere - whether it be facebook, twitter, google or youtube, whatever. And entice them. There are millions of deaf folks, but a lot of them don't speak out or openly about their situation.

As a marketer, I think the niche you're diving into is one of the toughest ones. Not only are you diving into a hard niche, you've got to work local.

Your best shot at success is working with schools, non-profits, governments that promote deaf folks and education of them. In fact, treat your site as an info site.

I take your point. Thanks, man!

Deaf people do discussed openly in facebook and alldeaf.com (vBulletin site).
Yes. Registered Members and Members go to the same link.

Fixed it.

You said you have 2 -3 dummy account... They should each have 1,000+ post.

Actually I was just one user in the beginning, so thought make it another dummy accounts for more interactions and introductions. I will switch account to other user to get more posts for next steps...

Sometimes, I see eye to eye with Adam, but in this partiuclar case, I disagree with everything he said. This tactic would've worked for a niche like Call of Duty, I don't see this working in the OP's favor, since sites like this is a little too.... personal.
I respectt your opinion, but without calling out which site

https://www.google.com/search?q=Call of Duty forum

One of those has 4 AE's all the admin. It's doing very well actually for a Call of Duty site.

I will admit though, that maybe a site dedicated to the deaf, maybe a little personal. And would require someone to be more creative.

Top Bottom