1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 No upgrade to 1.4.8 Says I have the latest version 1.4.7

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by ShawnT, Jun 25, 2015.

1. ShawnT

ShawnT New Member

Using the http://yourdomain.com/install method I go to update my forum and it says
    No Upgrade Available
    You are already running the current version (1.4.7). To do a fresh install, click here.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The typical causes of that are uploading the files to the wrong location or server caching preventing the new files from being served.

3. ShawnT

ShawnT New Member

Thanks. I haven't uploaded any files, didn't realize I had to do that first. I thought it might check against a Xenforo engine

4. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Well-Known Member

You might also run into a server caching issue. I've normally had to wait 30 minutes after uploading files to be able to actually run an update. But an auto-update feature in XF is really needed.

5. Adam K M

Adam K M Active Member

@Gene Steinberg Waindigo's install & upgrade plugin allows for automatic updating of XenForo. Although yeah, I think this should be built-in. (And install add-on from URL!)