XF 1.4 No upgrade available. (1.4.7 => 1.4.10)

z1haze

I am unable to upgrade my forums to 1.4.10, its telling me no upgrade available, and to do a fresh installation? What is the problem? I downloaded the latest files from my customer section, it says 1.4.10.. and I uploaded, unzipped etc, navigated to /install and I get no upgrade available.

Another question - when posting this forum the prefix gave me an option for xf 1.5, where can I get that?

Either you have uploaded the files to the wrong location or server caching is preventing the new files from being served.

XF 1.5 is not yet a stable release but you can download the latest version from your customer area (scroll up in the list of releases).

Well, whatever the issue may be, can you help me fix it? I am unable to upgrade passed 1.4.7.. I uploaded the correct files. I upload the upgrade only package, navigation to /install, it redirects me to /install/index.php?upgrade/ and it says no upgrade available. I really need to get this figured out asap.

Yep, figured it out, I assumed that the zip archive was ogranzied is a fashion that you could just unzip and overwrite in the root folder.. I didnt see the upload folder.. Maybe should change the way directory structure of the upload package?

Yep, figured it out, I assumed that the zip archive was ogranzied is a fashion that you could just unzip and overwrite in the root folder.. I didnt see the upload folder.. Maybe should change the way directory structure of the upload package?
Pretty much all XenForo software and add-ons are packaged in this way. It makes sense to do so as authors can then put installation/upgrade notes (as XenForo does) as well as .xml files for add-ons outside of the upload folder, so they don't get uploaded for those doing so by FTP.

If you are going to upload a zip file (as I do), after you unzip it you can simply copy the contents of the upload folder to the root using the command line. You can then delete the zip file and the unzipped folder.

Top Bottom