XF 1.5 No unsubscribe link in auto-email?

Kainzo

I've gotten complaints about users not being able to un-subscribe without signing in - this violates a few US / EU laws, is there a fix for this?

Saying it violates laws isn't necessarily correct as it very much depends on the content you're sending. (The opt-in approach would also matter too.)

However, XF1 doesn't have support for generating an unsubscribe link like this in emails sent from the "email users" section. You could only link to the appropriate account page URL where they can disable it or allow them to reply to unsubscribe (which is a valid approach) or use an add-on. XF2 has a "token" you can use to do this.

Saying it violates laws isn't necessarily correct as it very much depends on the content you're sending. (The opt-in approach would also matter too.)

However, XF1 doesn't have support for generating an unsubscribe link like this in emails sent from the "email users" section. You could only link to the appropriate account page URL where they can disable it or allow them to reply to unsubscribe (which is a valid approach) or use an add-on. XF2 has a "token" you can use to do this.
Thanks Mike.
Right now I do link the appropriate account page, but I fear im getting hit on spam filters for this anyways.
So this is all native to XF2 or is there an additional setup process?

@DragonByte Tech have this feature in their mailing addon:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/dbtech-dragonbyte-mail.5153/

Maybe they would look to separate it as a standalone for all board emails?
Hi Slavik, thanks for the mention :)

At the moment, we don't have any plans to separate this for usage with XenForo's built-in email sending functionality. Unsubscription links wouldn't be applicable to account-related emails anyway, so the product would only exist for that one feature (email users), and only for XF1.

Plans can always change in the future if there's enough demand for it, though!

Fillip

Top Bottom