XF 1.3 No Unregistered/Unconfirmed User Group

Travis959

Hi all,

I was trying to change some permissions for guests on my forum when I realized there is no unregistered or unconfirmed user group. My forum was imported from a vBulletin installation, and I can't remember if there ever was a usergroup for guests after the import. I don't think there was. Is there any way to import them or otherwise fix this so I can change permissions for guests?

Here's what my group permission page looks like:
nounreg.webp
and I believe it should look like this?
xenforo_user_group_permissions.webp

Thank you.

It has most likely been renamed.

The default user groups and IDs are:
  • 1 - Unregistered / Unconfirmed
  • 2 - Registered
  • 3 - Administrative
  • 4 - Moderating
Check which group has ID 1.

The four default user groups are created when you install XenForo.

When performing an import, additional user groups are created as required.

At some point three of your default user groups have been deleted, which isn't actually possible via the ACP as the four default user groups can only be renamed, not deleted.

How did you import?
Have you ever had any add-ons installed which may affect user groups and permissions?

Trying to remember since it was about a year ago, which I believe was Xenforo 1.2. I don't think an official vb4 importer was available at the time so I used this mod if I remember correctly: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/vbulletin-4-importer-to-xenforo-1-1.23674/

Other than that, I don't believe I have any addons that would affect user groups, but heres my list of addons in use:

Advertisement Manager

AzuCloud

******* - Change Threads/Posts Owner (Prenium)

Custom Sidebar Blocks

Extra Node Information by Waindigo

HTML in Custom Titles

Kotomi

Last Post Avatar by Waindigo

Most Online User

ParseHTML

Separate Sticky and Normal Threads

Sitemap for XenForo

sonnb - Live Thread

sonnb - XenGallery

TaigaChat Pro

Today Birthdays

Unread Post Count

User titles based on posts instead of trophy points

vB4 URL Redirection

vBulletin 4 Importer To XenForo 1.1

XF Arcade

[8wayRun.Com] XenUtiles (Backup)

[bd] Widget Framework

[RT] Spoiler

Well, I went ahead and readded the unregistered / unconfirmed row back to the xf_user_group table in phpmyadmin and that seems to have fixed it. I am now able to change permissions for guests. :)

Top Bottom