[No thanks] Lose the avatar next to quick reply

AndyB

Every time I'm viewing a thread, I get to the last post and see my avatar next to the quick reply. This always confuses me because it looks like I made a post in the thread which I know I have not.

Wouldn't it be better to remove the avatar next to the quick reply?

Upvote 1
Every time I'm viewing a thread, I get to the last post and see my avatar next to the quick reply. This always confuses me because it looks like I made a post in the thread which I know I have not.

Wouldn't it be better to remove the avatar next to the quick reply?
I agree that it is somewhat confusing. I myself have scrolled down a thread, seeing my avatar out of the corner of my eye and thought for a flash, have I replied to this already?
I think this will be raised as a gripe by my vB members when we transfer to xF, but I can't honestly think of a better way of doing things at the moment, so...

I like it where it is, The avatar can be edited out and the editor easily made to span the forum width so to me this is a dead issue. At most I can see making the single px line above the reply to a double 1 px line with a 1px space to make it stand out like " and now your post goes here"

I agree that it is somewhat confusing. I myself have scrolled down a thread, seeing my avatar out of the corner of my eye and thought for a flash, have I replied to this already?
I think this will be raised as a gripe by my vB members when we transfer to xF, but I can't honestly think of a better way of doing things at the moment, so...

I agree here as well, but it is trivial and I think this issue comes from people being used to what they are used to and nothing more and like anything similar takes time to get acquainted with new surroundings. But this is a small thing that can be changed with ease if it's needed down the road.

I say leave it and move on to things that can make XenForo "THE" community software.

^ Hit the nail on the head with the intention of the design. Everything in XenForo is designed to encourage posting and participation, even to the point of styling the quick reply area to look as though you have already started to play a part in the discussion.

Except for the "like" button. I see this as reducing the thread to post ratio.

Even though this has a big 'No Thanks!' next to it and is considered resolved, I'll jump in real quick. I really like having my avatar next to the reply box. That is all.

I found having the avatar there was a little strange at first, but I think it was simply because it was something new. I like this feature.

I found having the avatar there was a little strange at first, but I think it was simply because it was something new. I like this feature.
Lol i'm coming around to it myself... tho i must say I'm camera shy so this is my test, if i get sick of looking at myself I'm just going to put a big picture of a bowl of pasta. :-)

I'm guessing it's his way of saying "Not Implemented and won't be".
LOL I just reported that exact same thing saying to change it to Not Implemented or something less mean :D
I got it, but since Kier branded it, I'm not touchin' it, lol.

... so that's why I put it out as a suggestion now: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/give-no-thanks-prefix-feedback-a-second-thought.2578/

Please dis-dislike it! :p;).

I am also against removing the avatar.

Some people here (who are asking for certain changes) need to start thinking out of the box.
Whereby their box seems to be VB.

I really like it, it helps remind me which account I am logged in. I vote against removing it. :)
Never thought about that. We've had problems in the past where other members of my family have posted as me without realizing I was the one logged in. This may make them realize they are not logged in :)

:D :D :D

Or even better my suggestion of [F**k that]. :D
spanking.gif

I think the reply box should be separated more from the previous posts. A simple <hr> might work for me. Above the line is about existing posts. . .below is about a new post. Which means the Facebook "like" stuff should also be above the line.

I think the reply box should be separated more from the previous posts. A simple <hr> might work for me. Above the line is about existing posts. . .below is about a new post. Which means the Facebook "like" stuff should also be above the line.

That is a good suggestion Dale.

I had a problem with the avatar beside the reply box when the page links were below. Now that the page links seperate the reply box, I have no strong opinion either way.

PE

Top Bottom