XF 1.5 No scrollbar visible on ios9

Mr Lucky

I have only noticed this problem with this forum, I checked a couple of other xenforo forums and all seems fine so maybe it is a combination of 1.5.1 and ios9

When scrolling up and down on mobile, normally there is a grey bar in the right which shows you where you are on the page. This is very useful as you know how far you have to scroll to get back to the top.

This bar appears to now be while instead of grey, as you can see it against the blue background of the header when you are at the top, but it is invisible against the while page background other wise.

I don't think websites can control that scrollbar color, though I'm not sure. If it can, it would likely be fairly specific CSS. We certainly don't do anything out of the box.

So effectively, that's very likely just a change in iOS that you/we won't have any control over.

Ah, I think I can make sense of this.

Apparently there's a new "feature" in Safari in iOS 9 which aims to (ironically) improve the visibility of Safari scroll bars.

It must do this based on a site's background colour. This site's background colour is actually black:

upload_2015-9-23_9-53-12.webp

Which is actually something to do with the custom footer, I think, which is why it is only apparent here.

All the more reason now to have a back to top button :)
You can already jump back to the top in most iOS apps by tapping the top of the screen while viewing a long page.

It must do this based on a site's background colour. This site's background colour is actually black:

Well spotted! Will you be able to do something about it, it is very annoying.

You can already jump back to the top in most iOS apps by tapping the top of the screen while viewing a long page.

True, but whenever I do that, half the time I tap slightly wrong and it just opens the URL field. This is all discussed on the back to top suggestion thread.

Top Bottom