XF 1.2 No paragraph spacing

PaulineK

One member of my forums is having this problem. When she types a reply she puts in paragraph spacing, but it gets lost and all the lines are put into one large paragraph when she posts the reply. This happens in both the rich text editor and the BB code editor.

I can't duplicate her problem. I can edit her post, put in paragraph spacing, and that works.

For me and everyone else, all is okay. I have asked her what browser she uses but have not had a reply to that.

Has anyone else seen anything like this? This is the thread where she is posting about it,
http://www.sloweurope.com/community/threads/problem-with-paragraph-spacing.213/

If it's just that member then it is either a browser issue or end user.
We need to know what browser and OS (Windows 7/8?, Apple? etc.) she is using to determine whether it's a technical issue.

From reading that thread, it sounds like she doesn't have the "Use Rich Text Editor" option set in her profile. Have her go into her profile under the Settings -> Preferences and see if it is enabled (check mark in box) or disabled.
I think once you change it, it will stay changed (at least for that session).

She is using Safari on an Apple, but I think this is "user error". I will try to duplicate it.

I checked her profile and it was set to use the rich text editor. I noticed that if you switch to BB code editor when posting, the next time you post it is in BB code editor. It does not go back to Rich Text Editor.

I tested this and if you switch to BB code editor, you go back to Rich Text Editor only if you move to another thread. If you post again in the same thread, you keep in BB code editor.

Top Bottom